Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

I wish I cared more about Batman 66. Even as a child, watching them in reruns, they just struck me as cheesy. I know that's sacrilege to admit that...
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

"Collect Them All" is why I own Clown Arounds, lol.

That's why I think this year I do a major downsize. I can't even get in my toy room anymore to just enjoy it. I'm bringing a boat load of playsets to Mego Meet.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• JDeRouen
        Author of Small Things
        • Jun 14, 2001

When IS Mego Meet? I haven't been since 2008, so it's about time!
        --
        Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by JDeRouen
          When IS Mego Meet? I haven't been since 2008, so it's about time!
          We are pleased to announce that Mego Meet will return to the Skokie Doubletree, June 17th ? 18th of 2016. Space is reserved on Thursday June 16th for dealer set-up and ?Thursdaybird? arrival, with the event officially running Friday through Saturday. Instructions will be posted soon for reserving hotel rooms and purchasing

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Right now,my focus is getting the ones Mego didn't make. I could care less about 20,000 different versions of Batman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

The only lines that have my attention right now are Batman '66 and any new Trek figures. I will be getting Space Ghost and Jonny Quest when they come around. Scooby might be secondary if the rest of the line looks as good as Freddy does. Just collect what you like. Some of them turned me off as soon as I saw them, like the horrible Superman for Super Friends and the two Davy Jones line up of the Monkees (that is not Peter Tork at all).
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

Yeah, Collect them all is something I have been fighting ever since I got back into Mego scale. Ironically, I had sold off all of my other toys and was wanting to focus on Mego scale only thinking I would be safe from collect them all mentality because there was hardly anything new in the scale at the time! Now, I have to pick and choose. I only get them if it is something that I truly want, rather than to complete my set or series etc.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

I was planning on doing that but the Quality and Rising prices of the figures made it easy for me to Pick and choose... I'm committed to the Batman 66 run, I will see all original figures in that line to the end, no need for the variations for me

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I'm going to pick up some Batman 66s along the way. Just the basics, no need to have them all, but I do like them.
                    I used to be a "collect them all" kind of guy, but for me it's now more fun to just pick the favorites, and cheaper as well...

I do have to admit that if I can add a Mego to the fold, I'll probably go for it. If it says Mego, I find it hard to resist. Picked up a Cowardly Lion for $2. Though I'll probably not get The Waltons. It would be fun to end up having every Mego, since it's a nicely finite collection.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Relic
                      Banned
                      • Jun 24, 2012

Only interested in figures that were not made back in the day. I do not need more Batman or Superman figures. I really like the new Flash, Green Lantern, Darkseid , Captain Cold etc. I hope more figures like that become available.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

They've been coming too quickly for me to keep up with, so I've just kind of not bought anything for awhile. I really need to get the last set of Batman '66 with Alfred, Tut, Bookworm and Freeze, and the first Super Friends wave, before they are gone.

I've been avoiding the repro Mego DCs because I have all of them, but the new characters are calling me.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

I tried to collect a number of the DC lines when they first came out, but all of the infinite variations last summer took me off the market. It no longer became practical, let alone conceivable, to allocate future space for all of that when I'm in the middle of downsizing. So now I very much pick and choose within lines instead of going for an entire series. And I have to be honest and say the 20% price hike will pare down that sampling portion even more. Especially when I see figures not even six months old going for $10.00 a piece now. That makes me grit my teeth. If I'm losing nearly 70% of my purchase in less than a year, then I've more than overspent. So for some items I would normally jump on, I'll be holding back and buying later. There's too much price discrepancy between the retail market and the second hand market so I'll be mindful of that moving forward and reward vendors who offer competitive discounts. It's becoming too much of a buyers market to ignore any longer.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

There are too many remegos coming out to collect them all so I definitely pick and choose. I picked up Mary Marvel, Scarecrow, Harley, Apache Chief (Sf) and Thor set.
                            I have no interest in Scooby Doo, Monkeys, Harry Potter, Deadpool, Neca Hateful eight etc. and this is making it easy to buy what I wan't. I passed on the Super Friends
                            except Apache Chief, and will probably get Black Vulcan, Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Collecting should be a fun hobby not an obsession to buy everything because we did'nt get these as kids. FTC will continue to put out multiple versions of DC heroes and I don't need them all like Super friends Superman
                            Last edited by wise guy; Feb 10, '16, 8:57 AM.

Comment

• Monstar
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 6, 2008

I'm trying NOT to collect them all but I've been doing a bad job at it LOL.

FTC is just putting out too much product that I dig. I wanted to just focus on Batman 66, but I've been dabbling in other lines and now I am about to dive into Super Friends.

Thankfully the limitation of space in my house keeps me reigned in from starting with other remegos like DST, NECA, etc.
                              http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

I hope to get what I've missed at Mego Meet like the last waves of 66 Batman, Super Friends and Kresges.
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎