X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 41 : Robots!

For our 41st episode (and 3rd of 2016 if you're keeping count) we're joined by Famous Monsters of Filmland Editor David Weiner (@tikiambassador) for a discussion of all things robotic.

We each pick and discuss our personal three favourite and least favourite mechanical men from film and television over the decades and discuss why. Along the way, we talk about toys, comics and even radio drama.

We open the show with some words about the influence David Bowie and the crummy news that January delivered.

Topics Discussed: Black Hole, Doctor Who, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Phantom Creeps, Millennium, Lost in Space, Buck Rogers, Logan's Run, Filmation, Space Academy.

Hit us up on our facebook page with your top three best and worst!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Listening to this one now (work has been nuts and cutting into my podcast listening!). Brian, were you aware Phantom Creeps made it into a DC comics, and the Robot (or Robit) got the cover?

How nuts is THAT?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Listening to this one now (work has been nuts and cutting into my podcast listening!). Brian, were you aware Phantom Creeps made it into a DC comics, and the Robot (or Robit) got the cover?

How nuts is THAT?

Chris
        I've seen that before but totally forgot about it.

As for HERBIE, I don't know how he got out of our show unscathed....
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• acrovader
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2011

Fish, and plankton. And sea greens, and protein from the sea. It's all here, ready. Fresh as harvest day. Fish and sea greens, plankton and protein from the sea. And then it stopped coming. And they came instead. So I store them here. I'm ready. And you're ready. It's my job. To freeze you. Protein, plankton..
          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

This morning I woke up to a scathing critique of our episode including a thorough trashing of David Bowie and damnation for not understanding how good "Small Wonder" was.

I swore I opened this one with a "please relax, this just our preference"

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 5, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
              damnation for not understanding how good "Small Wonder" was.
              As the kids like to say, "lolwut". Even by syndicated sitcom standards, that thing was horrendous. "What's Happening Now!" was like "All in the Family" in comparison.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I think the Sentinels are the defenative robots of the comics. The whole concept of this is what the government would use to fight the Mutants is a great idea. And the original design has Kirby's pawprints all over them. He even used similar robots in his Spiderman poster.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Small Wonder was the one TV show I knew of where I actually felt bad for the actors on it. It was so embarrassingly bad, and not in an entertaining way. It was like the poor people were held hostage by those godawful writers and producers.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Small Wonder was the one TV show I knew of where I actually felt bad for the actors on it. It was so embarrassingly bad, and not in an entertaining way. It was like the poor people were held hostage by those godawful writers and producers.
                    It used to air here at like 7am on Sundays. Even then, I kept thinking "why waste this valuable air time?" followed by "Why am I watching this?" and immediately move on to the better scripted "Church for Shut Ins".

Comment

• Spawn67
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 14, 2009

Small wonder used to come on saturday mornings before wrestling when I was a kid. I think i saw it refrenced on the Goldbergs recently.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎