Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mezco doing 1:12 MARVEL figures. What does this mean for DST Mego Marvel sets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Mezco doing 1:12 MARVEL figures. What does this mean for DST Mego Marvel sets?

This morning I pre-ordered 2 DST Mego Daredevil sets. When I got off work at noon I saw Mezco is making 1:12 Marvel cloth costumed figures including Daredevil, Captain America, and Punisher different versions of each. I like Mego 8" and Mezco 6", but how did Mezco obtain Marvel license to sell individual Marvel Legends scale figures? I know prices are high, why is Hasbro allowing this while putting tight restrictions on the DST sets? Will Diamond now be able to renegotiate the Mego Marvel license and we can get single figures like Mezco?
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Mezco has some nice looking stuff coming out. We all love the Mego format, but for those that didn't grow up with it, these are really nice. They're also more than twice as much, but the quality is there.

Mezco Pre-Toy Fair Event 2016: Mortal Kombat 4", Marvel, DC, Star Trek One:12 Collective Figures & More

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

It's probably basically the same 80$ collector figure license Diamond has. I suppose it may have a scale restriction.
      Diamonds license is already for a single figure that has to retail for 80$.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

The quality of these Mezco figures is insane. I've seen the Dark Knight figures in person. They're worth every penny and then some IMO. That Frankenstein will be mine.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

I don't think it will have any effect on the DST Licence 2 Totally different animals simply because of the size and price points... Mezco 1:12 are a 6 inch Dare I say Affordable Version of Hot Toy like figures... I own the Mezco 1:12 Dark Knight Returns figure and the 1:12 Batman vs the Mutant Leder... IMO they are some of the most OUTSTANDING pieces of work short of Hot Toys, and 1 figure runs you in the $60 to $80 range.
          and if the Marvel Previews are anything like their DC Counterparts they are sure to be Home Runs.

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

The Mezco figures are almost the same price and much more popular with collector's . This has me thinking about collecting these and dumping the diamond Marvels
            because these will have DC figures coming out too. Mezco will probably put out more releases than 4 a year.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

They look amazing! If they make it to Spidey I will get one of those, but I really don't want to get the figures they have pictured so far. The Universal Monsters they are doing is another story! I will snap all of those up!
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

Im seriously tempted on the Judge Dredd stuff, I just wish BBP would pickup the licence.

Comment

• william shatners toupee
                  Warriors Gate Productions
                  • Feb 18, 2010

These are amazing. If they start making things in 70's costumes I'm in. Don't care for first appearance or modern on most.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    This morning I pre-ordered 2 DST Mego Daredevil sets. When I got off work at noon I saw Mezco is making 1:12 Marvel cloth costumed figures including Daredevil, Captain America, and Punisher different versions of each. I like Mego 8" and Mezco 6", but how did Mezco obtain Marvel license to sell individual Marvel Legends scale figures? I know prices are high, why is Hasbro allowing this while putting tight restrictions on the DST sets? Will Diamond now be able to renegotiate the Mego Marvel license and we can get single figures like Mezco?
                    The Mezco figures are a different scale that EMCE/Diamond Select Marve figures. It's very common for the license for different scale figures to go to different companies. Like the EMCE/Diamond Select Marve figures, the Mezco 1:12 Marvel have a much higher "collectible" price point of $70 retail for a 6-inch figure.

Why is Mezco selling single figures and EMCE selling its format with two additional heads and costumes? Doc Mego explained the price point was set at a collectible level. To increase value for the consumer, the additional heads and accessories were added to the package. You still only get one figure with the EMCE/Diamond Select Marvel package just like you get one figure from Mezco.

The EMCE/Diamond Select Marvel figure price point is fixed at a collectable price point to avoid it cannibalizing other Diamond Select Marvel figures.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Some great pictures here:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I'd buy them ALL if they were 8" Mego scale...but the 6" scale is a deal breaker for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          The quality of these Mezco figures is insane. I've seen the Dark Knight figures in person. They're worth every penny and then some IMO. That Frankenstein will be mine.
                          And that is coming from the best artist around. I have the Dark Knight figure. It's Hot Toys quality. The packaging is HUGE but everything else is absolutely perfect. I'm in. Plus, the scale reminds me of the magnetic or metal figures that Mego did.
                          Last edited by Chris; Feb 6, '16, 10:52 AM.
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎