X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom L
    Mego Collector
    • Jun 17, 2003

Re-Mego Question about pieces clearly marked

I think this is an easy question. Are all the re-mego pieces produced clearly marked like Dr. mego pieces are with letters or something to differentiate them from the originals?
    Common sense is not that common.
  • imp
    Mego Book Author
    • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by Tom L
    I think this is an easy question. Are all the re-mego pieces produced clearly marked like Dr. mego pieces are with letters or something to differentiate them from the originals?
    Sadly… NO.

Unfortunately, the after-market has been flooded with intentionally unmarked reproductions. Many of them are very convincing without a thorough examination in person, too. Caveat emptor.

- Benjamin

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Doc Still Marks His stuff, CTVT/FTC used to but Lately I have noticed that they stopped, Especially with their WGSH Accessories, When I got my Fist Fighter Green Arrow I did a close Inspection of the Accessories and While to boots are Unmistakably repro because of the color, The Hat Quiver and Bow are no longer marked making them very hard to differentiate between Repro and the real deal, The Hat used to be a giveaway because it was plastic but now it is no longer plastic, It is made out of the same rubbery material the original was. Sadly we are coming into a time where we have to rely on the Integrity of Seller to be forthcoming, but as you can see in the e bay descriptions they take the high road... the Gloves/emblem/boots ETC might be reproductions... Like Ben said... Caveat emptor

Comment

• Tom L
        Mego Collector
        • Jun 17, 2003

Thank you both for confirming what I thought and feared.
        Common sense is not that common.

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

I saw that coming. And children could care less. They want video games. I'm just glad my collection was pretty much complete before the flood of remego. And I can usually spot a repro but certainly not online.
          Last edited by hobub; Feb 4, '16, 7:56 PM. Reason: Harsh feelings about re-Mego

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Exactly. And to be honest, not all sellers are disingenuous--some are as ill-informed as some buyers. Online buying is a total crap-shoot.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megozilla13
              Persistent Member
              • May 10, 2002

I find it disheartening, seeing even seasoned Mego collectors describe items their selling as "possibly repro" or " not sure if accessories are original". When I buy something now I always ask how long the person has owned it, if it's changed hands in the past few years, I'll stay away.

mikej
              WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎