X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imp
    Mego Book Author
    • Apr 20, 2003

SECOND PRINTING? Limited Edition Art Print Mego WGSH Poster

*** UPDATE: SOLD OUT! NO LONGER ACCEPTING DEPOSITS FOR 2nd EDITION PRINTS ***

Should we do this?

I investigated doing a SECOND PRINTING of the WGSH Art Print I did last year. My printer confirmed that we can, provided we get at least twenty-five (25) pre-orders. So I'm opening it up to you guys, using the same ordering procedure we did last year:

Posters are $40 + s/h (see Shipping Costs table below).

Whether you want 1 or 100 prints, a $5 Deposit will be required. Only those who remit the $5 Deposit will be guaranteed to receive Posters.

If we don't receive at least 25 deposits, I will simply refund those who do pay the deposit, and cancel the project. If I do get at least 25 deposits, I will immediately commence production, and start sending Balance Due Invoices ($5 deposits will be applied to your final cost, which is dependent upon your location) via PayPal.

Much as I did the first time around, I created a special Web page with a PayPal button to make your $5 Deposit.

SHIPPING COSTS
    (Collectors outside America, please note: First Class International shipping rates recently increased up to 50% — prohibitively expensive, IMO.)

USA: $5.16 | CANADA: $17.50 | EUROPE: $24.50 | UK: $24.50

So… should we do this? FOLLOW THIS LINK TO RESERVE YOUR PRINT with a $5 deposit:

- Benjamin
    p.s. Shown in this post is the final design for the FIRST PRINTING. A potential SECOND PRINTING will differ slightly.

Last edited by imp; Feb 5, '16, 9:34 PM. Reason: Posters are sold out!
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Hi Benjamin,
    How about incorporating Jet Jungle on the second run? After all he was part of the Mego WGSH family. Just a thought.

Comment

• imp
      Mego Book Author
      • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
      Hi Benjamin,
      How about incorporating Jet Jungle on the second run? After all he was part of the Mego WGSH family. Just a thought.
      I know you love Jet Jungle (obviously), but to save time I'll just COPY/PASTE the answer I gave you last year, when you asked the exact same question about the first poster project

Originally posted by imp
      No, I don't think so. Remember, Jet Jungle wasn't the only other character marketed under the famous red "WGSH" emblem. Domestically, we had the American West. We had Mad Monsters. And what about other Foreign 8" Mego characters? Would I also include the Tex Willer characters, which were marketed in Italy as "Super-Eroi" (i.e. "WGSH")? As you can see, it's easy to open up a can of worms, so I think I should limit this poster to the American COMIC BOOK-RELATED World's Greatest Super-Heroes.
      - Benjamin

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

It's great that a second printing will be coming out, this poster is sweet, but I liked to know if there are any future
        down the road plans to do a poster for the Star Trek megos along with POTA, Waltons, Starsky and Hutch, WOZ?

Could they all be done on one sheet like the WGSH? or maybe Trek and Apes can be done on the same sheet?
        just an idea, I would love to have the 14 Mego Star Trek figures advertised on a poster sheet, that I would definitely buy.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

I'd personally rather see a PDF version made of the new Worlds Greatest Toys book from FTC.
          Is there any chance of that happening? I'm tempted to just buy the PDF from TwoMorrows,
          but if there is a chance of their being one from FTC, I'd just rather get the updated one instead.
          (not to hijack the thread, sorry)
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• imp
            Mego Book Author
            • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            It's great that a second printing will be coming out, this poster is sweet, but I liked to know if there are any future
            down the road plans to do a poster for the Star Trek megos along with POTA, Waltons, Starsky and Hutch, WOZ?

Could they all be done on one sheet like the WGSH? or maybe Trek and Apes can be done on the same sheet?
            just an idea, I would love to have the 14 Mego Star Trek figures advertised on a poster sheet, that I would definitely buy.
            It would be a massive undertaking for anyone, because I don't know of anyone (myself included) who has professional quality, high resolution photography of lines other than the WGSH. The only reason I can produce these Art Prints for the WGSH line is because I photographed that line extensively for my book.

In fact, the only reason I have these particular images is because I did multiple, 360º photo "Revolutions" of every Super-Hero character. Even if someone had nice, high res photos of each of the requisite characters in the lines you mentioned, it's unlikely they would be posed in the straightforward "lineup" position I did for the Revolutions. More likely, another Collector's photos would feature more dynamic poses.

I agree, a similar treatment for other Mego toy lines would make GREAT Art Prints, but the difficulty rests in the acquisition of quality assets.

- Benjamin

Comment

• imp
              Mego Book Author
              • Apr 20, 2003

We didn't get the 25 pre-orders necessary to do a SECOND PRINTING of the Mego WGSH Art Print. But…

I have decided to do it anyway! Thanks to everyone who placed a Pre-Order, THIS PROJECT IS A GO.

On the fence about ordering?
              I will accept pre-orders for ONE WEEK only, then I will not take any additional orders. I will produce only the exact number of prints for which I have pre-orders, and no additional prints will be offered here. Further, there will be NO "Irregular" prints for sale this time. So even if think you might want one of these WGSH Art Prints, this is the only time to get one. Please place your $5 deposit before next Monday after the Super Bowl.

You may reserve your Print by following this link. Thanks again!

- Benjamin

Comment

• imp
                Mego Book Author
                • Apr 20, 2003

*** UPDATE: SOLD OUT! NO LONGER ACCEPTING DEPOSITS FOR 2nd EDITION PRINTS ***

Thank you to everyone who ordered!

- Benjamin

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

imp, I'm so happy you are here.

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I gotta admit, I do love the trading card size of the poster.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^This. That would be a fantastic addition to the MM trading cards. I sorely miss them.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• imp
                        Mego Book Author
                        • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                        imp, I'm so happy you are here.
                        Ha! You guys rule.

Also, I have ONE PRINT suddenly available, as one of the Pre-Order Collectors backed out. If anyone wants to claim the last available Print ($40 + s/h), shoot me an Email: benjamin (at) worldsgreatesttoys dot com.

Thanks y'all!

- Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎