Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sideshow has only made a few 12" DC figures in 5 years, can FTC acquire the license?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Sideshow has only made a few 12" DC figures in 5 years, can FTC acquire the license?

Sideshow has only made like 5 DC 12" figures in 5 years. SS seems more interested in DC Premium Format statues.

Could FTC acquire 12" DC figure license to reproduce Mego 12" DC figures and NEW?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

2 Batmen, Superman, Catwoman, Joker, Harley and GL upcoming, so that's 7 so far. FTC's deal seems to be only for 8 inch or 18 inch. I doubt 4 inch or 12 inch will happen anytime soon.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I collected DC Direct 13" figures and there were 46 of those made 2005-2010. I can't believe they were low as $60 each at first. I was glad when Sideshow got the DC license in 2011 including 12" figures but the 1st one Joker was $190 and the latest Green Lantern is $230! Too much!
      FTC 18" DC figures are $100 and I have Superman and Batman but most collectors think 18" is too big.

I'd buy FTC 12" DC for around $70. FTC has a 12" male body but a cheap female one Daisy Duke.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Haven't you already covered this ground?

Sideshow has had the DC Comics license for 5 years now since 2011 and only made like 5 DC 1/6 figures at $200+ each! SS seems more interested in DC Premium Format statues. When does SS DC 1/6 figures license end? I'd like to see FTC DC 1/6 figures. FTC would actually do something with the license and the figures would be less

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

This is getting about as circular as the "Diamond to release more sets" thread that comes immediately after each new set is announced.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by warlock664
            Haven't you already covered this ground?

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...es-license-end
            that was for Siseshow, not Sideshow.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
              This is getting about as circular as the "Diamond to release more sets" thread that comes immediately after each new set is announced.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎