v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    I was not aware Dr. Wells had actually killed the Turtle when he took that blood specimen. That definitely sets him up to be another planted villain in this season. Don't you think there would be security cameras watching all of this? A little odd. It was great to see the Reverse Flash back as Thawne this time, although I still think Dr. Wells is connected to him in some way by the way he gave him that look and instantly "knew" that releasing him was the only way to "save" Cisco. I think that could have been a trick being played on everyone and Cisco may not have been in the kind of danger explained by Wells. Sad to see Patty go but she did kind of trick Barry there at the end with the fake distress call to reveal him as the Flash. I have a feeling that may not be the last time we see her. Good episode though. Lots of fun twists in this one. Just glad they got the Reverse Flash back in the story line. To me he is the top enemy of the Flash with such a rich history and rivalry. Glad they are writing that piece in so nicely.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

MORE SPOILERS!!!

^Yes, this was a great one. And they captured Barry's relationship with Thawne from the comics. He is the one villain Barry dreads, because he is a true threat, and he always makes it personal. Even before he murders Nora, he's got that creepy sichophant (sp) thing going on. Love how they kinda tied Mark Waid's masterpiece "The Return of Barry Allen" angle in.

The Earth-One Jay Garrick is ... Hunter Zolomon! We all know who HE is in the comics! Could be a red herring, or could be we just found the beginnings of Zoom.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I enjoyed it too. I really wanted to like the new Wells, but the Turtle thing blows that. I am still loving the series, but I am starting to get a little doppelgangered out.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Security cameras at Star Labs???

Heck Star Lab has zero security...as even the Chinese food delivery guy could just barge in and surprise everybody at a moment's notice...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

On the whole Patty fiasco. I started liking her, but at the end...I hated that needy character. Yes, that stunt she pulled at the end was a low blow.

Why would distance hinder their relationship anyway? The Flash could a silly hook up with Patty from city to city within minutes, if not seconds...seriously...he could meet her for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, everyday, no problem, he's the Flash for Christ's sakes, lol.

And about Zoom being the reason Barry can't have a relationship with Patty, fearing that exposes her. Well, what about other Barry loved ones? Like his step dad, Iris, his Star Lab buddies, and so on, come on...that was just an excuse to end the Patty storyline.

You asked, you got...

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Tonight's was another great episodes with Tar Pit. I like the ending were he went full on comic book Tar Pit. Next weeks episode will introduce Earth-2. I still have the filling the Earth-2 is really Earth-3 where the badyguy when and the good guys loose. This could explain why Jay Garrick could not win.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yep, and I liked the arc with Wells. That's what I like about this show. It presents new story elements, and you are sure they are going to go a certain direction with it, but BAM, they make a left turn, and it's so much more satisfying.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Great episode. They definitely introduced the science that could bridge the speed deficit for Jay. Clearly if that can be planted on Zoom and given to Jay, there is one possibility. Wally is growing on me. He might end up being a very cool Kid Flash.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Spoilers ahoy.................

I liked that they let Wells come clean and he is still part of the plan. I just wish they hadn't chosen for him to kill Turtle.

And it still urks me that they keep referring to the 'other Wells.' That was Eobard; Wells was his victim.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I kept waiting for "Harry" to correct Barry. Barry's fawning over the old "Wells" seemed a bit much. You think he'd be more bitter about any memories of the man, even before he knew he was the evil Thawne.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Well said Steve. It never makes sense to me why Wells keeps taking the blame for Eobard (or for that matter why his Earth 1 counterparts share Eobard's personality traits).

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

^ It could just be a clarity point for occasional viewers. Or, it could be because the team knew the character as Wells even though it was Thawne's mind in Wells' body.

I get the frustration and it may force them into even more awkward exposition in the future.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

***begins rant***

This Joe West stepdad dude is getting on my friggin nerves, damn bloody hit first ask questions later holier than though judgmental prick...learn to be a good father first...like Wells is.

Seriously, Wells is doing all these things out of desperation, because Zoom has his daughter...imagine if such a hideous monstrous masked demonic-like villain had your own daughter...you'll go through hell on earth...do almost anything to get her back safe and sound.

Joe West is comparing the lame glass puncturing her daughter's left shoulder to Wells's daughter's situation?

Please...

P.S. That glass injury on Iris' shoulder would be nothing but a same day surgery with a same day discharge...they were making it out like she was almost on her death bed, please, lol.

***ends rant***

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I do applaud Barry...he showed what a true hero he really is...

Joe and Cisco were ready to send Wells back to Earth 2, damn his daughter. Let him face Zoom on his own.

But Barry overruled those two...showed Wells mercy by truly realizing and understanding why he did what he did.

Two BIG thumbs down to Joe and Cisco.

One HUGE thumbs up to Barry...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Iris going on her own and facing the leader and promoter of the illegal street racers, telling him her intentions, telling him he's being recorded, dumb, dumb, and dumb...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎