Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is $30 the new normal price for all FTC figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

The quality isn't high enough for that price.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      ^^ Now the blame is on higher costs from the factory.

I'm surprised they aren't blaming the Chinese Stock Market.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Was just over to their site. Their prices are all over the place. Some figures are $26.99 and some are $29.99.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Also consider that FTC likely has a lower production run than NECA; FTC figures aren't carried in your local Toys R Us. Have to take that into account when comparing prices.

I do, however, question why it seems all plastic figures continue to increase in price when oil is at historic lows. Plastic should be cheaper than it's been in years, yet I'm seeing no indication of that in the prices of toys...

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

IMO $30 bucks a pop for FTC sealed figures is a bit over priced considering the quality of the bodies, although they have
            been getting better compared to those horrid India made ones. It simply depends on the individual's needs on how bad they want that particular figure. If you have no intention of ever taking it out of the clamshell case then display it as is, but if you want to remove it to transfer onto a better quality body, then putting it back in the case that's the individual choice, or
            restring the FTC body it's already on, if you don't mind having to spare the time making these changes and you can budget
            the $30 bucks, then do what you want, FTC is a business and they have to spend to sell and make a profit to continue the business, we need to support FTC as best we can or see it go bankrupt.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎