Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I think they look fine. I was hoping for Hogwarts garbed versions, particularly from the early movies. And I am worried about Hermoine. I can live without the Seven Castaways, but I can't buy into a Harry Potter line without Harry, Ron and Hermoine. I hope she is on the schedule; I usually stick with Super Heroes, but I like the Gilligan and Skipper and I am willing to make the jump to Harry Potter too, since the only figures I have are some of the Pop UK 3-3/4" figures.

BTW, loved the books, loved the movies... until "The Order of the Phoenix". They went downhill from there.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

I've seen all the movies but never read the books. I think the robes would have been better but the likenesses are perfect. Hope they are able to sell them at the theme parks!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by garfoot
        I asked FTC about Hermione being left out and they said,

Figures Toy Company- "Hermoine at this time will not be released."

Can someone clarify? Does this mean she is never getting a figure? How can you have HP figures and not make a Hermione?
        The character's been a part of every other HP line in the past, wonder what's up?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

I think the figures look great, just not something I am interested in. Have yet to see any of the movies and really don't care too. That being said, of ALL the 8" stuff I have see release in the past few years, this is the line I feel would benefit the most from being released in an actual brick and mortar store as opposed to online sales only. Even more so than the Super Hero stuff. This is an absolute impulse buy jackpot for younger children with their parents, IMO.
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Type3Toys
            I think the figures look great, just not something I am interested in. Have yet to see any of the movies and really don't care too. That being said, of ALL the 8" stuff I have see release in the past few years, this is the line I feel would benefit the most from being released in an actual brick and mortar store as opposed to online sales only. Even more so than the Super Hero stuff. This is an absolute impulse buy jackpot for younger children with their parents, IMO.
            Is 30 bucks an impulse buy?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

no interest at all.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I am sure these will rot in the FTC Wharehouse

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
                  • Nov 6, 2012

I love Harry Potter but these a real "meh" for me. They look fine and all, but aren't really for me

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by garfoot
                    I asked FTC about Hermione being left out and they said,

Figures Toy Company- "Hermoine at this time will not be released."

Can someone clarify? Does this mean she is never getting a figure? How can you have HP figures and not make a Hermione?
                    Would be a shame if they can't get Emma Watson's likeness rights.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                      I am sure these will rot in the FTC Wharehouse
                      Such hyperbole! Harry Potter is one of the biggest licenses in the world. There is a way bigger audience for these than say... the Monkees. Harry Potter has his own theme park, for goodness sake! If they can't find a way to move these figures, then FTC ought to be ashamed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ All they have to do is drive them over to Universal Orlando and get them in the parks. The attitude that they don't interest us superhero loving geezers means it won't appeal to others is fairly narrow minded.

Comment

• Riderfan
                          Megos are cool
                          • Feb 14, 2012

Myself, couldn't care less about Harry Potter, in this (i.e. FTC) or any market. I do get a kick out of it when its referenced on Big Bang Theory.

I have no kids, but I do have nieces & nephews, and I don't hear them talking about Harry Potter. Ever.

That's my situation. Your results may vary.

I wonder if the target market for this line in not 'us' but rather 'our children'? As someone alluded to earlier, doesn't it make more sense to sell HP stuff at TRS or even Walmart rather than a specialized market of 'old farts' like us?

K
                          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Type3Toys
                            Home Of The Type3 Body
                            • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Is 30 bucks an impulse buy?
                            For kids now days, sure it is. It is not like when we were young and we got our dads' life story when we asked for a buck.
                            LOOK
                            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^^ All they have to do is drive them over to Universal Orlando and get them in the parks. The attitude that they don't interest us superhero loving geezers means it won't appeal to others is fairly narrow minded.
                              Hit the nail right on the head. They are nice looking figures and a lot nicer than those Monkees figures that they are offering. John/Type 3 said it best...I think it would do HUGE in a brick and mortar store.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

My wife and kids are big Potter fans. And yes, they have their own amusement park, that definitely gave Universal Studios more ground against Disney World. Niche licenses like Gilligan's Island, the Monkees and the Dukes appeal to a very limited market...but Harry Potter is a modern phenomenon. We may not all like it, but it's fans outnumber most of the properties we generally follow.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎