Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VulcansFury
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 6, 2014

Probably going to pass. The likenesses are not very good, and at 8" they are the same size as the adults would be which would look weird together. If they'd used a teen sized body I'd be more willing, but if they do Snape, Dumbledore, etc, they will all be the same size which is going to look weird.

As for everyone insisting these will be slam dunks, HP has always struggled in sales of action figures, it's the roleplay stuff that sells. Even Neca couldn't get far with them during movie years.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by VulcansFury
      Probably going to pass. The likenesses are not very good, and at 8" they are the same size as the adults would be which would look weird together. If they'd used a teen sized body I'd be more willing, but if they do Snape, Dumbledore, etc, they will all be the same size which is going to look weird.

As for everyone insisting these will be slam dunks, HP has always struggled in sales of action figures, it's the roleplay stuff that sells. Even Neca couldn't get far with them during movie years.
      EXACTLY! finally someone else has and can seen this.....Mattel (years ago) was the only one that had minimal success with a HP line!

at $30 and poor likenesses, they are going to sit

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I was hoping for the school outfits and younger versions. They were so young when they started out that the "teen" bodies would work perfect for them. And if they really wanted to make a splash, with no Hermoine, make a Dumbledore instead.

I do sort of understand going older, and making Draco, but they still could have done them in school outfits since they have the clothes base for sale at their store.
        This is FTC. They love variants of the same character. I have no doubt you will see a Harry in his school outfit.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Maybe it is because it was in England, but the Cards Inc / Popco 3-3/4" Harry Potter figures seemed to sell pretty well. Funko seems pretty invested in the Harry Potter license too. Strictly my opinion, but none of the domestic figures created for the license were very apppealing. Mattel's offering was just sup-par in all areas. NECA made little plastic statues and that's not what I wanted. I got my hands on a few of the Popco figures and I would have them all if they were available domestically instead of as imports.

I don't know if these will be a success. I think a lot will have to do with how many eyes FTC can get on these and product placement. I am nervous about the Hermione comment. I am nervous that this line has ended before it even started. I would think the license cost will prevent that, but who knows. What kills me are the few comments that seem to want these to fail and show glee letting us know that they will.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by VulcansFury

These figures are older versions of the characters, so while they might still be too tall in comparison to the adults, I think the teen bodies need to be reserved for earlier versions of the characters.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I was really looking forward to a Hermione figure, and had she been part of this offering, I gladly would have gotten all three of them.

When you think of Harry and Ron, the first one that comes to mind is Hermione; because she is the brains of the outfit.

You don't necessarily think of the whiny little ponce that was their school rival, i.e. Malfoy.
              JediJaida

Comment

• mav-man
                • Dec 9, 2007

Maybe they can't make Hermione because in the new upcoming films shes going to be black.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by mav-man
                  Maybe they can't make Hermione because in the new upcoming films shes going to be black.
                  Wait! What?

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Maybe it is because it was in England, but the Cards Inc / Popco 3-3/4" Harry Potter figures seemed to sell pretty well. Funko seems pretty invested in the Harry Potter license too. Strictly my opinion, but none of the domestic figures created for the license were very apppealing. Mattel's offering was just sup-par in all areas. NECA made little plastic statues and that's not what I wanted. I got my hands on a few of the Popco figures and I would have them all if they were available domestically instead of as imports.

I don't know if these will be a success. I think a lot will have to do with how many eyes FTC can get on these and product placement. I am nervous about the Hermione comment. I am nervous that this line has ended before it even started. I would think the license cost will prevent that, but who knows. What kills me are the few comments that seem to want these to fail and show glee letting us know that they will.
                    Believe me, I wish they had imported those Popco figures, I'd have bought them all! But the HP first film did have a line of action figures by Mattel here in the US that did poorly (they looked terrible) but HP was never the toy success you would have expected. I think it has to do with several factors, but the biggest is that younger generation just doesn't buy toys in the same numbers as us older folks do.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Let me know when they get around to making the Bartemius Crouch Junior figure. That way we can make a Tenth Doctor figure out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎