• Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    shame on you. You really should see it.
    I should do a lot of things...LOL

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

My favorite comedy ever. Got to see it last year on the big screen in the TCM Classics series and loved it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Nice spotlight on Mick Rory last night. Grodd isn't my favorite villain, I actually find him boring ( I know, right?). But I loved Prof. Stein's creative use of the jump ship to assemble some help. I wonder why they don't just go to the future, and find the correct tech there to split up Firestorm. Then they could erase the knowledge so they don't screw up time more.
        And I have to say, I'm kind of annoyed that they aren't referencing more DC characters during these time trips. How hard would it have been to have one of the soldiers be Lt. Hunter, and have Father Rory's group be the Hellcats? That stuff just gets me goin'!

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I'm trying to figure out why he didn't grab Albert Einstein.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
            Obviously the Isis amulet is now tied into the Tantu Totems,
            I was stoked to see the amulet. I am a few episodes behind. They did not refer to it as Isis in that episode. Do they avoid saying "Isis" completely?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Brue
              I was stoked to see the amulet. I am a few episodes behind. They did not refer to it as Isis in that episode. Do they avoid saying "Isis" completely?
              given what goes on these days I'm sure they will have to avoid it.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

I don't think we'll be hearing Isis used as a superhero name again. That's pretty much been ruined. I don't think they have even mentioned any connection of the amulet to Egyptian goddesses at all, it's just been referred to as an artifact or totem.

For comparison though here is Zari's amulet. No clue what the symbols mean if anything.

legends-of-tomorrow-zari-totem-1047236.jpg

Here is Andrea Thomas'. Note she had three on her costume, no symbols, varying color gems ( but no red stones).

secrets_of_isis.jpg

And the third one from Smallville, as Lois Lane channeled the power:

Isis_Smallville_001.jpg

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm

And the third one from Smallville, as Lois Lane channeled the power:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21934[/ATTACH]
                  I had completely forgotten about the Smallville reference

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Thoughts:

Leo makes the show better.

I will miss Jax.

Dhark fatigue is strong but interested in the big villain.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I doubt Jax is gone for good. No one else knows how to fix anything on the ship!

Leo is very welcome, but I don't think he will be staying long.

Rory continues to be the highlight of the show.

Sara has a new girlfriend (we all saw that coming!). It's also cool how Caity Lotz has become the star of the show. Rip ain't ever coming back as lead.

Darhk is best as a one show villain. The portrayal is just so over the top that it's exhausting to watch.

Why would Nate get knocked out and revert to normal by getting thrown into a tree? Bad writing.

Why do they continue to ignore Dc characters. Again the opportunity to include The Viking Prince was wasted.

How about that cliffhanger ending? Squeee!! Constantine!!!!!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Well, looks like Firestorm is really leaving the show and won't be back after all, at least not as a series regular. They just announced another character from the Arrowverse will be joining, somepne already established.
                        Wally West seems to be the favorite pick, but why do I have this awful feeling it might be Black Siren? The drama between her and Sara would seem very CW-ish, but would it fly on the more light hearted Legends show?
                        Personally I'd like to see Ralph Dibny.
                        Any ideas?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Ragman or Constantine would be good guesses for the new person. Kid Flash would fill the ship's mechanic role, too. Its in his background on Flash. I doubt Black Siren, she's probably headed for a showdown with her sorta daddy.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

I'm not sure Constantine would be a good permanant add, his dominant personality would play havoc with the team dynamic, as well as completely overshadow a couple lesser players. Ragman would be interesting, I forgot about him.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I really don't think Elongated Man will be leaving the Flash, besides, Legends already has plenty of comic relief in Rory and the comedy duo of Atom and Steel. Malcolm Merlyn would be a surprise add on, too.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Dump Captain Cold and bring in Killer Frost. After seeing the way Mick was trying to flirt with her during Crisis,it would be quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎