Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Tonight's episode turned out pretty good but I do hope somewhere down the line we do get to see Valentina Vostok as the Negative Woman.

Next weeks will take place in a Dark Knight Returns type episode:

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I dig the fact that they're actually making things much worse.

I'd bet money they pick up a new Hawkman in 2046.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I really hate "magical wings". I'd prefer an alien with permanent wings.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Last night was the first time they actually won, and they really only cleared up their previous screw-up. I like that. The show is really growing on me. I kind of hope we DON'T see Hawkman back at this point. The actor was a real lead weight.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

This Soviet Union episode was by far the best one of the entire series.

Brandon Routh can sure take a beating, lol. Dude, you have that awesome Atom suit, make sure to carry the little briefcase next time.

That Russian wannabe Firestorm was HOT, no pun intended.

Snart/Cold, at first, I hated him, but now he might be my favorite character, lol. He's definitely the "smartest" of the bunch, not scientifically scholarly smart like Dr Stein or Atom, but smart as in savviness and street smarts, he makes the least boneheaded decisions of the bunch.

Speaking of Dr Stein, I started liking him the best, but now tends to annoy me here and there. Hopefully he'll tone down this fatherly worrywart persona towards his younger Firestorm half. Hopefully after this pivotal episode, that this is the case.

Is it me, or does Canary look like Lindsey Lohan?

Heat Wave sits quietly in the background in most episodes, but finally got a juicy role.

Rip Hunter always seems to need a lot of convincing by others to get going on key decisions.

Hawkgirl seems to me like the most useless member of the crew. She only flies around, that's it. I guess she sticks around because she's the only one who can permanently kill Vandal Savage.

I don't want that same actor coming back as Hawkman either, that dude is void of any personality, what a charmless character.

Very entertaining episode, as previously mentioned, my favorite so far...
            Last edited by Hector; Feb 19, '16, 3:08 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Snart...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

it's pronounced Snaaaarrrrrttt.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

It does seem like the Hawks were a necessary burden to bring along, kinda like having to take your little sister along to the movies with your date. But at least Hawkman is gone for now, but I'm sure they'll find another incarnation. Be nice though if they found another actor, one that had a personality.
                    I'm liking Cold & Heat Wave, the two most interesting characters by far. Loved Snart's crack about "This isn't my first prisonbreak".
                    Canary runs on & off for me, love her in the fight scenes, then she starts talking and ruins it. Stein is still interesting, but Garber's acting ability is so head & shoulders above almost everyone else ...but it doesn't seem to pull the others up. And Arthur Darville as Rip can't decide which Doctor Who he wants to imitate. Guess there was a reason he was Mrs. Amy Pond.
                    But the worst for me is Vandal Savage. The actor is so bad, he makes Hawkboy look good.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Tonight's is basically Dark Knight Returns.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Here is a great Behind the scenes look at tonights episode.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

You may not know who the villain is after all.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Definitely the best episode so far in my opinion. Sort of a Dark Knight Returns feel but with Green Arrow as the Dark Knight. It's starting to get a little bit better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

The show is gelling now. This was the best episode, with some nice DC Easter Eggs with long-forgotten characters. The Captain Cold/Heatwave bromance took an unexpected turn as well.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Watched Thursday night's episode via DVR this evening and pretty thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a really nice sci-fi vibe to it that made me realize I would likely watch the show even if it were not based off of any DC characters.

For me, the scene stealer of the episodes is definitely Snart's Captain Cold (a name they thankfully don't use at all). I know there are folks here on the boards that don't care for his snarkiness, but I think that's what actually makes him interesting. You know they say that usually the bad guys are far more interesting than the good guys. Snart isn't trying to be a hero and he doesn't pretend to try to be a hero; he still does all the things that he would usually do if he were acting on his own, now he just has a much larger stage on which to perform. I'm inclined to think that the final scene likely isn't what it looked like, another red herring (much like the Felicity getting shot sequence on ARROW).

Interesting getting some history on Rip Hunter and his squeeze as they were on the road to becoming Time Masters. I'm not that familiar with the character in the comics, so I have no idea of what they were talking about when the elder Time Master questioned Rip and his companion regarding their real names, but it does lend another layer of intrigue to the show.

Production values on the show continue to be pretty damn good for a weekly super-hero/sci-if mashup and I'm sure this series is likely by far the most expensive to produce of the quadrilogy of DC properties on the small screen. I do hope it is doing well enough to warrant a second season or at least maybe a mini-season from time to time, perhaps involving a rotating cast of DC characters.
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎