• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Damien Dark showing up at the auction was a nice touch
    Even though I don't follow Arrow, I thought it was great.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
      Even though I don't follow Arrow, I thought it was great.
      your missing it, especially his episodes, really chews up the scenery.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

your missing it, especially his episodes, really chews up the scenery.
        My wife and son are devoted fans, I don't get why I don't watch it. It looks right up my alley and I can't specifically find fault with any of it.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Anyone else watch last night? I thought it was ok. It just seemed to move slowly to me, especially after an exciting episode last week. Still sticking with it, but I'm hoping it will build more than it has.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I thought the acting on whole improved with this episode. I think it may be that the Hawkman guy is just kinda bad...or he doesn't fit my interpretation of the character. Darvill got more to do in this one and seemed to wake up after being a bit sleepwalking in the first few episodes. Plus, Brandon Routh was also given more to do, and he really does have leading man charisma. Victor Garber continues to be the anchor of the show.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, I think Hawkman is bad *and* he doesn't look the part. I liked Savage's look a little better, I guess I am getting used to him. Everything is immortal but his hairline apparently.

I can't get over how much better a Superman I think Routh could have been. I think his presence in the cast just makes Hawkman look even more off. Carter Hall in my mind is some 6'4" handsome Bruce Wayne-esque badass, but instead I get more of that vibe from Ray Palmer.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He should be Superman in this...not Atom. He's got the presence.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Hope the Constantine rumors are true for the show, he'd really liven it up.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Constantine seems to be able to liven up pretty much any show he turns up on. Hopefully, we'll be seeing more of him on the CW/DCverse.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                      My wife and son are devoted fans, I don't get why I don't watch it. It looks right up my alley and I can't specifically find fault with any of it.
                      I get it, I've watched about half of the the first season of Arrow and it just isn't doing much for me, I can't get into it for some reason. On the other hand, I love The Flash and Legends (and Supergirl). They just seem so much more fun.

I really hope so too. I really liked the show and Matt Ryan was great as Constantine, I really want to see more of him.

This week's episode of Legends was really fun, I'm enjoying this show a lot so far. And yeah, Brandon Routh is great in this.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Watched last night's episode and it was interesting to see the "softer" side of Snart, even though time is proving that some events are pretty much time-locked. What he failed to realize was that the fault lay not within his father's plan to heist the emerald, but within the emerald itself. Had he just stolen it and dropped it in the ocean, then his father likely would never have gone to Iron Heights.

Routh definitely stepped up in the episode, as well, finally realizing that sometimes being a hero means failing, but moving past that defeat onto another victory. Routh and Garber played off of one another very well.

I guess the only weak link in the show to me so far IS Vandal Savage, or, more appropriately, the actor chosen to play him. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a decent enough performer, but when I think of Savage, I guess I think of someone much more foreboding and intimidating, someone who's almost like Marvel's Doctor Doom minus the armor and scarification. There are several actors who could have brought these qualities to the character better than Casper Crump has of yet, but in last night's episode, I did catch a little spark of what could be if the character is written and handled properly.
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

First time Captain Cold didn't get on my nerves...that was actually touching, kudos...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I like that they made reference to both Batman and Superman too. now we know they do in fact exist in the CWverse

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Or will someday. We don't know which era Rip met them in. Might get some idea when Flash meets Supergirl next month.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                I like that they made reference to both Batman and Superman too. now we know they do in fact exist in the CWverse
                                And Gotham has Queen Industries on one of the buildings in its skyline.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎