Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

Like most, The Pilot had a hard time getting my attention. White Canary, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Firestorm, & Atom are good...

I kept thinking that they should get rid of the Hawk Characters all together and substitute Hawk & Dove...the 'Wings' bother me for some reason...I just don't buy it.

...and again like most, I'll give it a few more episodes to grow on me, I hope they turn it around.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

I am a long time fan of classic Hawkman, and Hawkgirl, and I don't like these tv versions . The actors playing the Hawks don't work for me !
      Capt Cold and Heatwave are good but they need another team.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I'm still in the undecided camp, Victor Garber is kind of holding this together for me.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

/\ This...

Although I do like Cold & Hot. And Canary in fighting action is sweet to watch. But Arthur Darville is way over acting, Jaxon is annoying, and Captain Cold couldn't clock Ray Palmer enough times per episode for my taste. The Hawks are just being overused too much as a big plotpoint to be interesting ( Already tired of them rerunning the Egypt footage in sepia..ok, we get it!).

Worst for me, I just think Vandal Savage is a poor villain. The actor who plays him has no charisma. His one line is "Shayara I love you." Meh. And how is killing him in 1975 going to fix the future? They already know he's around in 2016, plus if he is there to destroy Rip's time, then they should realize the Arrow & Flash didn't kill him last month. So why go back in time when you could still find him in 2016?
          AND, he's like the third or fourth "immortal" villain to show up on the various series. Never understood DC's fascination with him. I'm a big JSA fan, but he always struck me as being a lame foe. So you can't die? You spend all your time skulking around behind the scenes manipulating other villians? Better this team fought Per Degaton, an actual time meddling villain.

Having said all that, I guess the appeal for me does lay in the time travel and the search for Easter Eggs and guest heroes. Hopefully now that the pilot is over, things will shake out and it'll settle into a groove.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I think we're spoiled. Ten years ago this show could have been half as good and we would have crapped ourselves. I don't care for the Hawkpeople either, but there's too much good here to ruin it for me.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              I think we're spoiled. Ten years ago this show could have been half as good and we would have crapped ourselves.
              I can't argue that point.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                Better this team fought Per Degaton, an actual time meddling villain.
                I'm all for that. Being a All Star Squadron and JSA fan I think that would be great.

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                Having said all that, I guess the appeal for me does lay in the time travel and the search for Easter Eggs and guest heroes. Hopefully now that the pilot is over, things will shake out and it'll settle into a groove.
                Hopefully soon because if you get 5 episodes in and nothing has a direction you're going to lose me as a watcher of a tv series.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

They did namedrop Per Degaton.

I liked this episode a bit better, but there were a few *** plotholes. Why didn't Cold or Heatwave just freeze or melt the cage? Freeze the cage, and break the bars, or just slag them with fire? They went in to the house WITHOUT their weapons? I don't buy it. They have them in the fight at the end.

I do like the fact that they are really showing the consequences of monkeying with time. These guys are mostly a bunch of screw-ups, in one way or another, and that's what they should be for now. I'm glad they weren't instantly a well-oiled machine.

I don't care a lot for the Hawman actor, and I'm assuming we'll see more of him. Hawkgirl is fine by me. But yes, Garber, and to a lesser extent, Darvill are keeping this together. I'm kind of surprised Brandon Routh isn't coming forward more in this.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Not really a good time slot to have this on. What are they going to do when Big Bang starts rolling with new episodes?

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

DVR, lol...
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

...or Hulu, its on when I want it to be. Stephen Amell is going to guest as the Green Arrow of 2046 and will be missing an arm ala Dark Knight Returns.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

In Canada, they play Big Bang first and Legends starts at 8:30. I love that time slot.

Comment

• Godzilla
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 3, 2002

I liked this one a little bit better. There were some unexpected plot twists (being vague for those who haven't seen it) and I'll say it at least held my attention. Some of the characters are grating, but the plot was interesting enough for me to get past that. As others have said, I liked they aren't shying away from the effects of changing the timeline. I hope that's a consistent theme from now on.

More importantly, my kids asked to watch it and weer glued the entire time. They're sold on it. I'm at least ok with it enough to enjoy watching it with them.
                            Mortui Vivos Docent
                            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

I can't quite put my finger on it, but several of the actors look "odd" to me. I'm not sure I can explain it. It's like when you're expecting Emilio Estevez and you end up with Joe.
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Damien Dark showing up at the auction was a nice touch
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎