Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise is starring in "The Mummy" remake

The trailer has good action, IMO, but, so far,

I'm not feeling this one

Images

Images
    Not just will Mummy fnish 2nd behind WW on its opening weekend, im betting it gets doubled

60WW 30Mummy. And yet, Universal will proceed.

The trailers already told what's going to happen. Tom Cruise actually does die in that plane crash...the Mummy chick revives him...but starts bullying him...over time, he has enough...something snaps within him...becomes more powerful than her...and commandingly grabs her by the neck...either killing or joining her.

The end...

Blog Entries
    Interesting Article about the "Dark Universe"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/06/0...nster-universe

I liked the Dracula movie they made two years back and thought that would be a great springboard to this but alas, it's been scrapped.

Images
    ^I liked Dracula Untold, but I really don't like my Dracula being THAT heroic, or sympathetic, really. Once I got past that, I enjoyed it.

I also don't want Drac to be a CGI-fest like every other vampire flick these days.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I have been watching every thing I can about this movie: She is supposed to be 'terrifying'....and some elements of being sympathetic to the audience. I shall wait & see, but I haven't been convinced yet. I *want* to be surprised & proven wrong, thus why I keep watching anything & everything about it. I think Dr. Jekyll might be interesting: I like the glimpse of his Mr. Hyde look.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Interesting Article about the "Dark Universe"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/06/0...nster-universe
    That just made it worse for me.

First, we all know how TM happy Universal is about Pierce's work. If they didn't use it for these movies, they would be absconding the IP. Fine by me! I'd love to see other people get a crack at those markers. But for Uni, there's no value in resurrecting the series without those looks.

Second, Kurtzman cites every rote Uni monster moment save the Wolfman curse and his understanding of the monster rally seems more based on his pitch, (MCU for Monsters), than on the reality (marketing stunt).

Third, he pretty much implies Hyde is working with Dracula, (or someone), to make a hidden evil inside Prodigium. How is that not the same premise as Hydra in Winter Soldier and AoS?

I really don't see how this works. How can Jolie as The Bride be next? Are they going to take the title literally and make her Dr. Frankenstein's Weapon X? blegh....

And if Fassbender is Dracula, than that's Christopher Lee.

Part of me wants to see Mummy as this franchise feels one and done.

With all these Universal Monsters remakes, how about making a Creature from the Black Lagoon remake
    Or Invisible Man? "you can't hide from what you can't see"

I'm actually shocked we haven't gotten a Creature movie, as it'd be so easy to make these days and you could do it like Jaws or whatever. Seems like a no brainer.

It's actually been long enough that there's probably some nostalgia for the last crop of Mummy movies. They probably should have trotted Brenden Fraiser out and did something with him instead.