• Sep 22, 2009

The trailer has good action, IMO, but, so far,

I'm not feeling this one

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Tom Cruise Crazy...
      My new website is here: ComingMovies.org (For keeping track of upcoming movies and with a new way of reacting. Thanks for watching)- Disclaimer! I do not ow...

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Not just will Mummy fnish 2nd behind WW on its opening weekend, im betting it gets doubled

60WW 30Mummy. And yet, Universal will proceed.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The trailers already told what's going to happen. Tom Cruise actually does die in that plane crash...the Mummy chick revives him...but starts bullying him...over time, he has enough...something snaps within him...becomes more powerful than her...and commandingly grabs her by the neck...either killing or joining her.

The end...

sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Interesting Article about the "Dark Universe"

I liked the Dracula movie they made two years back and thought that would be a great springboard to this but alas, it's been scrapped.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I liked Dracula Untold, but I really don't like my Dracula being THAT heroic, or sympathetic, really. Once I got past that, I enjoyed it.

I also don't want Drac to be a CGI-fest like every other vampire flick these days.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

I have been watching every thing I can about this movie: She is supposed to be 'terrifying'....and some elements of being sympathetic to the audience. I shall wait & see, but I haven't been convinced yet. I *want* to be surprised & proven wrong, thus why I keep watching anything & everything about it. I think Dr. Jekyll might be interesting: I like the glimpse of his Mr. Hyde look.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

That just made it worse for me.

First, we all know how TM happy Universal is about Pierce's work. If they didn't use it for these movies, they would be absconding the IP. Fine by me! I'd love to see other people get a crack at those markers. But for Uni, there's no value in resurrecting the series without those looks.

Second, Kurtzman cites every rote Uni monster moment save the Wolfman curse and his understanding of the monster rally seems more based on his pitch, (MCU for Monsters), than on the reality (marketing stunt).

Third, he pretty much implies Hyde is working with Dracula, (or someone), to make a hidden evil inside Prodigium. How is that not the same premise as Hydra in Winter Soldier and AoS?

I really don't see how this works. How can Jolie as The Bride be next? Are they going to take the title literally and make her Dr. Frankenstein's Weapon X? blegh....

And if Fassbender is Dracula, than that's Christopher Lee.

Part of me wants to see Mummy as this franchise feels one and done.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

With all these Universal Monsters remakes, how about making a Creature from the Black Lagoon remake
                    Or Invisible Man? "you can't hide from what you can't see"

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

I'm actually shocked we haven't gotten a Creature movie, as it'd be so easy to make these days and you could do it like Jaws or whatever. Seems like a no brainer.

It's actually been long enough that there's probably some nostalgia for the last crop of Mummy movies. They probably should have trotted Brenden Fraiser out and did something with him instead.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all, but I'm still looking forward to this...something in my gut tells me it's going to be good.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I've got an open mind about it. Not a huge Cruise fan, but it actually looks a bit more "horror" than the Fraser films. I really enjoyed the first one of those. The 2nd was good until the worst CGI in a big budget Hollywood movie showed up in the form of the Scorpion King.

Invisible Man is in the works with Johnny Depp in the lead. That may be good, and it may be bad. If someone can rein in Depp and get a good, low-key performance out of him, it might work.

Creature is said to be in the works with Scarlet Johansen as the female lead.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

One of the things that really appeals to me about this entire announced universe is that Universal has stated for the record their intention to use Jack Pierce's original makeup designs for Frankenstein, the Bride, etc. and Chaney's makeup for the Phantom of the Opera and Hunchback.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              One of the things that really appeals to me about this entire announced universe is that Universal has stated for the record their intention to use Jack Pierce's original makeup designs for Frankenstein, the Bride, etc. and Chaney's makeup for the Phantom of the Opera and Hunchback.
                              That's when Kurtzman said these were horror movies. Yet the Uni prez said last summer/fall they were action-adventure, and the reviews are pretty much backing that up. And I haven't seen anything resembling Karloff's Bey, unless that's the Cruise surprise reveal. But even the really detailed reviews aren't saying that happens.

So...I dunno. The common review theme is "too many cooks in the kitchen". No real logic to Cruise's character or her powers, and the Prodigium exposition is hammered into the story.

I'll wait to see what you guys and UMA people say. I can't sit through a Sommers reboot as a Cruise vehicle.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Oof, the reviews, they are not kind.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎