Tom Cruise is starring in "The Mummy" remake

No foolin'

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Tom Cruise in a modern era reboot with a female Mummy? Sounds like a curse alright.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

This is an early April fools joke right?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

World's shortest mummy?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

say what you will about the guy, but I enjoy his movies, he is a really good actor and he definitely does action movies well. I am looking forward to it.

in his personal life, I think he is a complete tool and off his meds

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            say what you will about the guy, but I enjoy his movies, he is a really good actor and he definitely does action movies well. I am looking forward to it.

I agree with everything you said...the dude is a true action star, an underrated actor...sure, I think the second in command in Scientology is a bit out there...but who cares...his movies entertain me.

Besides, out of all the action stars working today. Who has the balls to do what he does?

The stakes keep getting higher. Tom Cruise stars in Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation on July 31st. Tickets: http://bitly.com/MIRogueNationTix

Fans caught of glimpse of him too...

Tom Cruise swinging from the Burj Khalifa, world's tallest building, during movie stunt filming of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol in Dubai.

Maybe Jackie Chan? Have not seen him do that Cruise jumbo jet stunt though.

Arnold, Stallone, Seagal, Van Damne, Vin Diesel, the Rock, Norris, etc...?

I don't think so...

Tom Cruise is DA man!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Now, Tom Cruise aside...

Sofia Boutella as the Mummy is not as bad as it sounds...I mean...women existed in ancient Egypt, right?

Plus Mummy matches with mommy better than daddy...

sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

They can stick it.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I'm not a fan of Cruise so I don't really care.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff

Absolutely, yes. I guess people just have a hard time separating him from his roles. I don't mind that he's a little whacky in real life. It makes him that much more interesting. If a celeb is goofy in real life, I consider it bonus entertainment. Ripping on Cruise is picking low hanging fruit. Sit back with some popcorn and see if the movie entertains. I got news for the naysayers... Brendan Fraser was no Peter Cushing.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah, but as soon as that opening shot of the Sphinx hit accompanied by that awesome Jerry Goldsmith score, you just KNEW it was gonna be good.
                      To this day, that's the move I saw the most times in the theater. I think I saw it six or seven times.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

The ride at Universal Orlando is pretty awesome too. I think I soiled myself on that one.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Absolutely, yes. I guess people just have a hard time separating him from his roles. I don't mind that he's a little whacky in real life. It makes him that much more interesting. If a celeb is goofy in real life, I consider it bonus entertainment. Ripping on Cruise is picking low hanging fruit. Sit back with some popcorn and see if the movie entertains. I got news for the naysayers... Brendan Fraser was no Peter Cushing.
                          Not only is Brendan Fraser no Peter Cushing...but his Mummy pictures are not exactly on the same level as the classic Universal Mummy films either, heck, not even Hammer's. Seriously, Fraser's Mummy flicks are so-so movies, average fare...they feel like poor man's Indiana Jones movies to me.

Tom Cruise is a much bigger star than Branden Frasier...and it's not going to take much to surpass those mediocrely done CGI movies.
                          Last edited by Hector; Jan 22, '16, 12:39 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

Very cool news. Really looking forward to what they come up with. Is that "Dracula Untold" movie the first of the new Universal horror movies leading up to an “Avengers”-style tie-in film?

Comment

• gummi
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                              I agree with everything you said...the dude is a true action star, an underrated actor...sure, I think the second in command in Scientology is a bit out there...but who cares...his movies entertain me.

Besides, out of all the action stars working today. Who has the balls to do what he does?

The stakes keep getting higher. Tom Cruise stars in Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation on July 31st. Tickets: http://bitly.com/MIRogueNationTix

Fans caught of glimpse of him too...

Tom Cruise swinging from the Burj Khalifa, world's tallest building, during movie stunt filming of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol in Dubai.

Maybe Jackie Chan? Have not seen him do that Cruise jumbo jet stunt though.

Arnold, Stallone, Seagal, Van Damne, Vin Diesel, the Rock, Norris, etc...?

I don't think so...

Tom Cruise is DA man!

Had no idea that he did those stunts all himself! Gotta give it up to him for that! I've always enjoyed his movies, be it action or drama, so I'm happy to see that he's involved with the Mummy reboot.
                              "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎