Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I just saw these up close today and they are amazing. I thought I might be able to get one but the store was only selling the complete set ($455 Canadian). He said they were severely shorted on the amount they ordered. They look fantastic.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Just heard from EE; says NECA has freed more sets… looking better than last week. Scalpers be damned!

Comment

• MegoMoe
        • Feb 13, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
        This is mostly the reason why people are buying these to begin with- to scalp and profit from the whole Django nonsense earlier on.The fact that the demand is not even there for these,there in stock everywhere and yet people are trying to capitalize off something that very little people have interest in...It's nothing but HYPE for these!

The figures are definitely nice,but the movie stunk....If this was something like TOMBSTONE 8" figures with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, which is actually a GOOD movie,then I'd see the fuss
        I haven't even seen the movie, but as a Mego-style toy collector, these figures appeal to me. They will be a valued part of my collection.

Comment

• MegoMoe
          • Feb 13, 2014

Mine shipped today...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the movie and like the figures. I'll pick them up somewhere along the line. A whole set at once is a bit much, so I'll have to pick my moment.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yes indeed! Product is on the move… hope everyone gets their pre-orders!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

NECA’s Hateful Eight line gets one more addition, just in time for the Blu-Ray release of the film! NECA recently revealed their Quentin Tarantino 8″ Scale Mego Style Figure. Here are the details:

We have a very limited edition treat for fans of The Hateful Eight: Quentin Tarantino as The Writer & Director! With clapperboard in hand, he stands ready to direct our previously released line of retro clothed action figures.

This fully articulated 8” figure is dressed in intricately tailored fabric clothing similar to the iconic toy lines of the 1970s. It features the authorized likeness of Quentin Tarantino and comes in window box packaging. STRICTLY LIMITED to 3,000 pieces worldwide.

These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 12, 2004

EE jumped the price from $28.99 to $54.99 on the Quentin figure a few minutes after I ordered it.

Some shops like TOYWIZ are charging scalper prices ($124.99) right from the start.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

of course they are,this whole line is being scalped and nobody is paying their prices (especially ebay)

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

I would be pretty darned proud of getting a cool action figure of myself like Tarantino'. I would get them if I had the disposable income, and somewhere to display them.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Gonna be hard work, But I need this...
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                          Museum Patron
                          • May 26, 2015

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                          EE jumped the price from $28.99 to $54.99 on the Quentin figure a few minutes after I ordered it.

Some shops like TOYWIZ are charging scalper prices ($124.99) right from the start.
                          I must have just missed this, the last time I checked Tarantino wasn't even listed. At $28.99 that's a fair price, $54.99 is too much for me.

Comment

• MegoMoe
                            • Feb 13, 2014

I think anyone with patience will get a better price. No way they sell 3,000 of these at this price. Their eBay site has only sold 150.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

That's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎