Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

I received a shipping notice with tracking number on the 15th.

Comment

• MegoMoe
      • Feb 13, 2014

I have had a pre-order cancelled from EE before, so we'll see. 3000 seems like a large number since these are not really going out to retail.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
        Museum Patron
        • May 26, 2015

What is the point of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hateful-...sAAOSwzgRWx5gb

As of now this is listed at $2999.99 buy it now, no bidding, no best offer. Unless this is a mistake I don't know why anyone would do this. I've seen other things listed for prices that will never be offered. Is there some advantage is this type listing I'm not aware of?
        Last edited by Carmelkettle; Feb 19, '16, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Seller is just waiting for one crazy person to come along and get Jango fever?
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Carmelkettle
            What is the point of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hateful-...sAAOSwzgRWx5gb

As of now this is listed at $2999.99 buy it now, no bidding, no best offer. Unless this is a mistake I don't know why anyone would do this. I've seen other things listed for prices that will never be offered. Is there some advantage is this type listing I'm not aware of?
            They are not really selling at any scalper prices...the figures are very nice,but the whole rarity of these figures is very over-rated.Most people buying these are resellers trying to capitalize from the whole Django scene from that controversial
            release. The Hateful eight movie stunk and the figures are not moving at the rip-off scalper prices,especially considering they just came out.There is no reason why prices even need to be high right out of the gate to begin with.

Comment

• MegoMoe
              • Feb 13, 2014

My order now says Sold Out instead of backordered. Think I am out of luck. Bad news for what I think is starting to become quite a cool mego collection. I have a lot of unique pieces and was hoping to add these without have even seen the movie.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                Museum Patron
                • May 26, 2015

Originally posted by MegoMoe
                My order now says Sold Out instead of backordered. Think I am out of luck. Bad news for what I think is starting to become quite a cool mego collection. I have a lot of unique pieces and was hoping to add these without have even seen the movie.
                That stinks, sorry.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

BBTS has plenty of them in stock

Comment

• MegoMoe
                    • Feb 13, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
                    BBTS has plenty of them in stock
                    I am not surprised considering they are charging $70 more per set than EE. A set went for $275 on ebay. I'll keep looking.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

I am not surprised considering they are charging $70 more per set than EE. A set went for $275 on ebay. I'll keep looking.
                      EE has them for $228 per set.
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ had them.

According to EE Customer Service the pre-order has been sold out for quite a while and NECA didn't ship enough to cover all of them. EE ships chronologically on order date, meaning all of the stock they had was already shipped to buyers. Everyone else who ordered is waiting to see if EE can get the additional stock from NECA, but it doesn't look too good given the rise in prices in the secondary market.

I'm starting to think all 3k sets have been sold/shipped or broken, and NECA has now confirmed a Tarantino addition to the line-up, which might support the *potential* sell out theory.

***THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED*** ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS APPLY - CALL YOUR SALES REP FOR DETAILS We have a very limited edition treat for fans of The Hateful Eight: Quentin Tarantino as The Writer & Director! With clapperboard in hand, he stands ready to direct our previously released line of retro clothed action figures. This fully articulated
                        Last edited by Confessional; Mar 4, '16, 4:42 PM. Reason: … now confirmed!

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                          Museum Patron
                          • May 26, 2015

Not to be a downer, but I suspected for a while the pre-sale was sold out. 3000 isn't very many at all and when I saw the set was being offered by so many dealers, I started to think there's not enough to go around. I haven't received a shipping notice and I don't expect to. I ordered late, wasn't absolutely certain I wanted these, and now if I don't get them I won't mind. I do kind of like that Tarantino, for some reason though. But it does bother me there are people on the board who wanted them and now might not receive them. And it REALLY bothers me to see scalpers listing them for twice or more what they originally cost. And it REALLY REALLY!! bothers me when those scalpers list 'more than one set available'.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

EE is taking orders again. Maybe all previous orders will finally be filled.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                              Museum Patron
                              • May 26, 2015

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                              EE is taking orders again. Maybe all previous orders will finally be filled.
                              Well that's odd. But good ...??

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Carmelkettle
                                Not to be a downer, but I suspected for a while the pre-sale was sold out. 3000 isn't very many at all and when I saw the set was being offered by so many dealers, I started to think there's not enough to go around. I haven't received a shipping notice and I don't expect to. I ordered late, wasn't absolutely certain I wanted these, and now if I don't get them I won't mind. I do kind of like that Tarantino, for some reason though. But it does bother me there are people on the board who wanted them and now might not receive them. And it REALLY bothers me to see scalpers listing them for twice or more what they originally cost. And it REALLY REALLY!! bothers me when those scalpers list 'more than one set available'.
                                This is mostly the reason why people are buying these to begin with- to scalp and profit from the whole Django nonsense earlier on.The fact that the demand is not even there for these,there in stock everywhere and yet people are trying to capitalize off something that very little people have interest in...It's nothing but HYPE for these!

The figures are definitely nice,but the movie stunk....If this was something like TOMBSTONE 8" figures with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, which is actually a GOOD movie,then I'd see the fuss

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎