Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

WOW ! This set looks great. I'm looking forward to buying this set. (I'll let the some of the people post their reviews first before it is a definite.) I think the yellow suit looks better and more detailed but the red one is more iconic.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

keep them coming,four a year/quarterly is fine with me(I buy 2) in my view it's 3 figures a pack so that's 9 to 12 figures a year.i understand the complaints,i was not happy with modern thor(actually I might make KaZar out of the thor head,heck might buy another battle cat and paint it orange Zabu colors,hopefully we'll see something next toyfair month.
      Last edited by powersthatbe; Jan 22, '16, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by BATMAN89
        I would think that this set would still come with a flesh colored body. Only because the idea with the set is to be able to switch heads, hands, and clothing, between the three. If it were a red body, Matt Murdock would have a red body under his suit. But I don't know anything! LOL!
        The Spider-Man/Peter Parker set has a red-bodied figure.

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

Ok, let's have a little fun stirring the pot here. Sorry, but there seems to be a bit of nit-picking going around here about these figures. I know as collectors, we've been waiting for some of these for such a long time that we want them to be just right, but I think we need to remember how it used to be. Think back to about 15 years ago when we didn't have remegos. If we did, they weren't with the cool licenses we have now. I guess it's nice to have something to complain about, right? I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, I'm just trying to provide a little perspective. I like these marvel sets. I've bought a couple and they look better with each wave. We're lucky to have them. Keep 'em coming!

-Steve

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

I think a big part of the issue with the 'nitpicking' is that most mego collectors have waited since the 70s for a resurgance of the Marvel/DC megos and on top of that, this will probably be the last shot at it. And you have a ot of people here that hand make some pretty incredible figures and the previous mego-esque offerings have fallen pretty short of the target. So when a company wades into the market with the goal of bringing these figures back, they have to do it knowing the expectations and standards are set really high. They should expect a pretty high level of criticism when they don't reach the standard, but when they hit it, like with this daredevil set, they can expect gushing as well.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee
              The boot/glove format on the daredevil prototype is how they should look as opposed to the giant thick famous covers ones that Wolverine had. In my opinion, the red and the yellow daredevils raise the bar way up from previous offers. The head sculpt looks good too, everything is in proportion.
              I agree with this. The slim boots are essential to the look.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Couldn't ask for more. Good Mego-esque likenesses. No modern versions of the character variants. I'd much rather see an understated Secret Identity figure than any new character variant looks---even colorful costumes.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I hope the boots are the classic material and not the Captain America Repro figure material. Not a fan of what they did with Repro Cap's boots.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    I hope the boots are the classic material and not the Captain America Repro figure material. Not a fan of what they did with Repro Cap's boots.
                    I was okay with the Wolvie boots---so take this with that grain of salt.

I thought those Cap boots were so cool that they were (almost) some kind of miracle.

From a few feet away, the boots have that classic Mego WGSH Supes/Cap look---but the material is such that these classic looking boots can be taken on & off figures with a FRACTION of difficulty of the harder plastic used for the boots that Mego (and other Mego replicas) employ.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎