Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windebieste
    Museum Patron
    • Dec 31, 2015

There are still options for backing the campaign with discounts available. The Early Bird Reward is still active and offers a 30% discount. Keep in mind this particular Reward will expire in 48 hours. The campaign will still be running for another 30 days until the end of April but this incentive will be gone by the time this weekend has arrived.

There is another option viable to anyone seeking multiple copies at a discount rate. The Collector Fan Reward will be available until the close of the campaign. This reward offers 3 copies of the book to Backers at a substantial discount as well. Around 25% (IIRC). Visit the campaign page and make your choice.

Please make a pledge. Your support will make a difference.

Thank you.

-Windebieste.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not a big fan of the movies, and have never had the toy. I know some fans I would have bought the book for, but I'm cheap and the price was the deciding factor. Hopefully your book will reach it's funding goal, but unfortunately I won't be able to help support it. When you announced the sale, you should have specified what time zone you were using, since not all of us on the forum live in Australia.

Comment

• neogelion
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 11, 2009

Will your book cover any prototypes of the Alien without the skull on the head, I.E. smooth faced?
        Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• windebieste
          Museum Patron
          • Dec 31, 2015

@Lonnie - Unfortunately, KickStarter won't allow campaign managers to configure their campaign for anywhere but the country that the campaign is based. My primary interest base is in the US. In this regard, I've been hampered from the get go by living in Australia and I understand that time zones are a pain in the butt. Nonetheless, if you want to pledge as little as a dollar, you are welcome to do so.

@neogelion - Here, this page covers all the figures that are appearing in the book. Have a good look at the first 10 items. Those are all already documented with photos and descriptions and each receives several pages. I'm still awaiting the arrival of Specimen No.11, the Super 7 'Classic Toy Edition' 1986 ALIENS figure and anticipate it will appear in the book.

- - -

Some people think that KickStarter is a store that you can just browse through, add an item to the cart and when it does become available, it arrives on their doorstep. It's not a shop. It's a platform for assisting developers with Projects that are worthwhile. If you have faith in it, make a Pledge. Anything will help. This book is unique and I've spent a lot of time and personal resources to make it the best it can be.

The book itself is written and nearly complete. The major work it needs now is for it to be edited, typeset, proof read and a number of other tasks and activities - including distribution - to be completed and it will be ready to land on Backer's doorsteps by Christmas. These services have already been organised and these professional services (as is the case with the editor and typesetter) are keen to get their hands on the final manuscript and get to work. All that remains now is raise funds to bridge these activities as they all cost money and I can't do them myself.

This is where you can help.

Please support this KickStarter campaign. You are doing much more than just purchasing a book - you are being instrumental in making it a reality and you will be credited as a Backer in its pages.

Thank you.

-Windebieste.

Comment

• windebieste
            Museum Patron
            • Dec 31, 2015

Only 10 hours remains if you want to snag a 30% discount on the HIDEOUS PLASTIC KickStarter Early Bird Pledge. 10 hours, that is, if you live in Australia. The rest of the World is not far behind. Once this Reward Tier has expired, the campaign will still continue for another 30 days but this Reward will no longer be available.

Now, if the world was flat, time zone issues wouldn't be a problem, would they?

-Windebieste.

Comment

• windebieste
              Museum Patron
              • Dec 31, 2015

As I am struggling to raise Backer's interest in this campaign, I am slashing the standard pledge by 40%. If you want to support this Project and still receive a copy of the book, HIDEOUS PLASTIC - In stores everyone can hear you scream. then this 'Course Correction' reduction should help you make a decision. This cost cutting exercise comes at the expense of the hardcover edition (too expensive to publish and too weighty to post) under the initial goals of the campaign. As such, a full color paperback version is now the only option that will be available.

Here's updated information about the new KickStarter 'Course Correction' incentive offering 40% discount on the standard pledge.

The KickStarter campaign can be found here.

The offer is now live and will remain active until the campaign closes on April 29. Post about it where ever you can if possible. Instagram. Facebook. Twitter... whatever.

I have 25 days left to cross that finish line and still have a long way to go. Right now every little bit counts. This really is the best I can possibly do - but I can't do it on my own.

Thank you.

-Windebieste.

Comment

• windebieste
                Museum Patron
                • Dec 31, 2015

45 images of the new 18 inch tall Kenner inspired Super7 ALIENS 'Classic Toy Edition' Warrior:

-Windebieste.

Comment

• windebieste
                  Museum Patron
                  • Dec 31, 2015

The KickStarter campaign for this book is now closed.

It was not successful in raising the necessary funds. While this is a disappointing result financially for the Project, I'm only treating it as a setback that delays the book's inevitable release.

You can read the post mortem on the KickStarter campaign.

Thank you to anyone here who supported this campaign with a pledge - we aint done yet. Not by a long shot. ;D

-Windebieste.

Comment

• windebieste
                    Museum Patron
                    • Dec 31, 2015

Abandoning this thread.

Photobucket is now charging a premium for external linking to images they host. As much of the content here is linked via Photobucket, they have all gone as I refuse to pay a ransom to have my images rightfully restored. It will render a lot of this thread useless to many people and I apologise for this as it's not my doing.

On the other hand, my website is unaffected. Progress on my book is unaffected. All the content relating to them is hosted locally on the HIDEOUS PLASTIC website so it's all safe. That's a service I pay to maintain and will continue to do so until the book is published.

Unless Photobucket restore the content on the pages here, they will remain affected by their new TOS and their ransom will go unpaid. In the meantime, I will not be renewing any content on their site. I can use my own. I will be discouraging anyone from using Photobucket. I urge you to do the same. You probably will, anyway as many, many people are affected by their change of policy.

It was a lot of fun posting this stuff here. You can always visit my site for more information regarding the book, News, reviews and, well, keeping an eye out for progress.

Thank you everyone for the 20,000+ views. It means a lot to me.

-Windebieste.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎