Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4912131415 LastLast

Thread: 1979 Kenner ALIEN Complete Restoration - ADULTS ONLY

I am pleased to announced the KickStarter campaign for the book HIDEOUS PLASTIC - In stores everyone can hear you scream has gone live.

The 200+ page book investigates just about every aspect of the original Kenner ALIEN action figure that was released in 1979. The KickStarter campaign will run for 60 days spanning March 1st to April 29. A minimum of US$20,000 is needed to reach the Primary Goal for this Project to be successful. Not high at all and very achievable.

Visit the KickStarter campaign page and show your support! Currently, the KickStarter campaign is the only way to secure your copy of HIDEOUS PLASTIC - In stores everyone can hear you scream. The availability of this book after the campaign concludes is not guaranteed.

You have 60 days to decide if you want support this Project and acquire a copy.

Thank you for your attention.

-Windebieste.

Don't forget, the HIDEOUS PLASTIC 'Early Bird' tier rewards Backers who support this Project now. You will receive a 30% discount on the book with your pledge! This offer is limited in quantity and time. Only 250 units are available. The offer expires on March 31.

HIDEOUS PLASTIC - In stores everyone can hear you scream a 200 page book about one of the world's most notorious children's toys, the 1979 Kenner ALIEN Action figure. Now on KickStarter.

-Windebieste.

The HeartStarter FLASH SALE! Reward Tier is now open for would be Backers on the HIDEOUS PLASTIC KickStarter campaign.

Itís the cheapest support option on the list that will reward you with a copy of the book. At 50% off the Full Print Edition youíll be paying half price. Thereís just one catch. Well, two actually. Firstly, the FLASH SALE is limited to only 50 copies. If they donít move fast enough, then this Reward Option closes on March 16, less than 48 hours.

This Reward Tier is intended to appeal to anyone who may be undecided about supporting this Project. At half price the decision is made for you. All you have to do is make a Pledge. Pledges are AU$32.50 (Approx US$25).

Make a pledge. Make a difference. Do it now. This offer wonít last long.

-Windebieste.

The HeartStarter FLASH SALE! is now over. Some people decided to make a Pledge and take advantage of the cheapest rate on offer and thatís terrific. Now that the HeartStarter incentive has expired, itís still not too late to demonstrate your support for this Project and still benefit from a cheaper rate.

The Early Bird Reward option is still available and offers 30% off the standard Full Print Edition reward. Itís a substantial saving for anyone who wants a copy of the book at a very affordable Pledge level. Visit the KickStarter campaign page for more details.

-Windebieste.

Quote Originally Posted by windebieste View Post
    The HeartStarter FLASH SALE! is now over. Some people decided to make a Pledge and take advantage of the cheapest rate on offer and that’s terrific. Now that the HeartStarter incentive has expired, it’s still not too late to demonstrate your support for this Project and still benefit from a cheaper rate.

The Early Bird Reward option is still available and offers 30% off the standard Full Print Edition reward. It’s a substantial saving for anyone who wants a copy of the book at a very affordable Pledge level. Visit the KickStarter campaign page for more details.

-Windebieste.
    Seems to me this option ended early. I guess you should have specified what time zone, because I have many hours of the 16th left. Too bad, I wanted to get three of them, but the price went way up.

There are still options for backing the campaign with discounts available. The Early Bird Reward is still active and offers a 30% discount. Keep in mind this particular Reward will expire in 48 hours. The campaign will still be running for another 30 days until the end of April but this incentive will be gone by the time this weekend has arrived.

There is another option viable to anyone seeking multiple copies at a discount rate. The Collector Fan Reward will be available until the close of the campaign. This reward offers 3 copies of the book to Backers at a substantial discount as well. Around 25% (IIRC). Visit the campaign page and make your choice.

Please make a pledge. Your support will make a difference.

Thank you.

-Windebieste.

I'm not a big fan of the movies, and have never had the toy. I know some fans I would have bought the book for, but I'm cheap and the price was the deciding factor. Hopefully your book will reach it's funding goal, but unfortunately I won't be able to help support it. When you announced the sale, you should have specified what time zone you were using, since not all of us on the forum live in Australia.

Will your book cover any prototypes of the Alien without the skull on the head, I.E. smooth faced?
    Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

@Lonnie - Unfortunately, KickStarter won't allow campaign managers to configure their campaign for anywhere but the country that the campaign is based. My primary interest base is in the US. In this regard, I've been hampered from the get go by living in Australia and I understand that time zones are a pain in the butt. Nonetheless, if you want to pledge as little as a dollar, you are welcome to do so.

@neogelion - Here, this page covers all the figures that are appearing in the book. Have a good look at the first 10 items. Those are all already documented with photos and descriptions and each receives several pages. I'm still awaiting the arrival of Specimen No.11, the Super 7 'Classic Toy Edition' 1986 ALIENS figure and anticipate it will appear in the book.

- - -

Some people think that KickStarter is a store that you can just browse through, add an item to the cart and when it does become available, it arrives on their doorstep. It's not a shop. It's a platform for assisting developers with Projects that are worthwhile. If you have faith in it, make a Pledge. Anything will help. This book is unique and I've spent a lot of time and personal resources to make it the best it can be.

The book itself is written and nearly complete. The major work it needs now is for it to be edited, typeset, proof read and a number of other tasks and activities - including distribution - to be completed and it will be ready to land on Backer's doorsteps by Christmas. These services have already been organised and these professional services (as is the case with the editor and typesetter) are keen to get their hands on the final manuscript and get to work. All that remains now is raise funds to bridge these activities as they all cost money and I can't do them myself.

This is where you can help.

Please support this KickStarter campaign. You are doing much more than just purchasing a book - you are being instrumental in making it a reality and you will be credited as a Backer in its pages.

Thank you.

-Windebieste.

Only 10 hours remains if you want to snag a 30% discount on the HIDEOUS PLASTIC KickStarter Early Bird Pledge. 10 hours, that is, if you live in Australia. The rest of the World is not far behind. Once this Reward Tier has expired, the campaign will still continue for another 30 days but this Reward will no longer be available.

Now, if the world was flat, time zone issues wouldn't be a problem, would they?

-Windebieste.