Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 45 years of Bold Adventure

Would love to see the original line brought back for collectors. I think it would sell like gang busters.

Images
    Lots of folks dislike the old AJ head sculpt but to me that's AJ. I can see some slight modifications but an entirely new sculpt just won't feel like AJ to me.
    I second Tom's comment on seeing the original make a comeback.
    Interested to see what this is.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    Lots of folks dislike the old AJ head sculpt but to me that's AJ. I can see some slight modifications but an entirely new sculpt just won't feel like AJ to me.
    I second Tom's comment on seeing the original make a comeback.
    Interested to see what this is.
    I always thought the original AJ head looked like an old man, still do.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Type3Toys View Post
    I always thought the original AJ head looked like an old man, still do.
    Ditto.
    I hated aj he was replaced immediately by fonzie,hutch,Wyatt Earp and Kirk....lol
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Images
    I LOVE the idea that Dave & Co. are doing this. An "Action/Adventure" line of figures, clothes, vehicles & play sets is a wide open market just waiting for someone to fill with products. Not to mention, any company currently producing 8" items can piggy back on this venture. Necca, EMCE, FTC could all produce clothing, play sets or adventure themed items that read "Designed for all 8" action figures".
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

I'd really love for someone to produce a line of figures reminiscent of Mattel's Big Jim P.A.C.K figures.

Images
    I really hope this one works this time. Both my black AJs were the only Mego Action figures I owned back in the day, and funny looking or not, he'll always hold a special place in my heart. But I did enjoy the new sculpts from the last time, (kinda GIJoe Adventure Team like), and hope that a black AJ is in the works for this line.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Images
    AJ always became the dumb humans for my apes to hunt, he was just so damn ugly. hope they do get the line going again

Have to admit, I don't know how the "mod hairstyle" will go over these days, but AJ started me on Megos and action figure collecting in general, so he does hold a special place for me. As a kid, he and Dinah Mite filled the huge hole left by most action figure lines then and now, Mego included (at least untils things like Happy Days and Waltons came out): innocent bystanders for villains to menace and heroes to save.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the old stuff re-done; everyone needs an Action Jackson cowboy, don't you think?

I was a big fan of Action Jackson growing up as well. If this rebirth of AJ by Castaways is successful, maybe they can bring back the razor/razor blade model and release some separate outfit and adventure sets as well.