Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robbo1970
    • Oct 2, 2010

Originally posted by David Lee
    These did come out and SOLD out... I made arrangements with CTVT, well in advance (like a year) to use the head and combined them with the TYPE S body and superior jumpsuit. I sold them on Facebook, Ebay and the 8 inch Superstore as well as at the GI JOE convention in Orlando. I had all hair and beard colors and a special darker AA version that matched the Type S Body. They were sold carded... I also sold a modern version AJ that I sold at MEGO MEET and exclusively through Cotswalds Collectibles. I had pans to sell more, but got asked to shelve it in lieu of other agreements (though nothing has materialized yet).

Dave
    Hi Dave, sounds like they sold as quickly as they arrived. Doesn't surprise me, it's a great figure and was long overdue a triumphant return.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

So who is older? You or AJ?

Comment

• robbo1970
        • Oct 2, 2010

^^^ haha, good question.

I am just, by one year. I missed AJ the first time around and started with the POTA figures, then Starsky & Hutch. Prior to Mego though, I had an Action Man and the Capt Pegleg and Hook Fighting Furies.

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 1, 2008

image.jpg
          image.jpg

I just combined the Castaway jumpsuits and Type S bodies with the AJ CTVT heads and the result is awesome, IMO! He went from being a kids toy to a seriously bad-lookin' dude! That was not my intent, but AJ now is starting to look cool! I think he needs updated emblems (maybe subdued colors) and dog tags (maybe a little more like GIJoe's)...
          DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Updated emblems?

Lotsa fun here: https://www.facebook.com/Cast-a-Way-...1257057897156/
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎