Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 45 years of Bold Adventure

Images
    Blog Entries
    So did anything ever come of this? I think its now the 47th anniversary of AJ.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ackson-ON-HOLD

Maybe the CTVT heads played a part in this? No idea, just speculation.

K
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

AJ

Hey robo1970,

FYI: The AJ heads from CTVT are great but are going to be Hell trying to install them onto a CTVT body. If I were you, Id just order a ton of the heads and get a Type S body or some other screw together body for an easy install.

Also, the white rubber CTVT AJ Boots kinda suck. Theyre small and when you jam the feet into the boot, it looks sort of like hes wearing socks.

Oh yeah, the light blue jumpsuit from CTVT is very close to AJs original jumpsuit. I tried a red one on a figure and the material is really accurate.

79E98109-F523-4BE5-B4FC-DF7D3E05C907.jpeg

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ-Paratrooper View Post
    Hey robo1970,

FYI: The AJ heads from CTVT are great but are going to be Hell trying to install them onto a CTVT body. If I were you, I’d just order a ton of the heads and get a Type S body or some other screw together body for an easy install.

Also, the white rubber CTVT AJ Boots kinda suck. They’re small and when you jam the feet into the boot, it looks sort of like he’s wearing socks.

Oh yeah, the light blue jumpsuit from CTVT is very close to AJs original jumpsuit. I tried a red one on a figure and the material is really accurate.

79E98109-F523-4BE5-B4FC-DF7D3E05C907.jpeg

Enjoy.
    I tend to avoid the CTVT bodies. Never had a decent one. I usually use original type 2 bodies, but I do have a couple of type 0 and type S bodies.

Yeah, the CTVT white and black versions of the boots are very rubbery and don't hold their shape like the originals. I've managed to get a few original boots from boxed outfits, but only in the black. I think the white ones may only be with the ski patrol outfit.

That suit looks better than I thought it would actually. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make a bulk order. I do also wonder if the fact that these heads and suits being readily available from CTVT has stalled the re-launch from CastAWay.

Images
    These did come out and SOLD out... I made arrangements with CTVT, well in advance (like a year) to use the head and combined them with the TYPE S body and superior jumpsuit. I sold them on Facebook, Ebay and the 8 inch Superstore as well as at the GI JOE convention in Orlando. I had all hair and beard colors and a special darker AA version that matched the Type S Body. They were sold carded... I also sold a modern version AJ that I sold at MEGO MEET and exclusively through Cotswalds Collectibles. I had pans to sell more, but got asked to shelve it in lieu of other agreements (though nothing has materialized yet).

Dave
    Last edited by David Lee; Feb 14, '18 at 4:55 PM.
    Castaway Toys... bringing back the action!

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    These did come out and SOLD out... I made arrangements with CTVT, well in advance (like a year) to use the head and combined them with the TYPE S body and superior jumpsuit. I sold them on Facebook, Ebay and the 8 inch Superstore as well as at the GI JOE convention in Orlando. I had all hair and beard colors and a special darker AA version that matched the Type S Body. They were sold carded... I also sold a modern version AJ that I sold at MEGO MEET and exclusively through Cotswalds Collectibles. I had pans to sell more, but got asked to shelve it in lieu of other agreements (though nothing has materialized yet).

Dave
    Hi Dave, sounds like they sold as quickly as they arrived. Doesn't surprise me, it's a great figure and was long overdue a triumphant return.

Images
    So who is older? You or AJ?

^^^ haha, good question.

I am just, by one year. I missed AJ the first time around and started with the POTA figures, then Starsky & Hutch. Prior to Mego though, I had an Action Man and the Capt Pegleg and Hook Fighting Furies.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

I just combined the Castaway jumpsuits and Type S bodies with the AJ CTVT heads and the result is awesome, IMO! He went from being a kids toy to a seriously bad-lookin' dude! That was not my intent, but AJ now is starting to look cool! I think he needs updated emblems (maybe subdued colors) and dog tags (maybe a little more like GIJoe's)...
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Images