Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's excited about the next Alien movie?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I was disappointed that the Space Jockey was just a "guy in a suit". I thought the concept worked so much better as a biomechanical alien perfectly integrated into the gun/machine, like Giger envisioned it.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I like mysteries that make you wonder. Knowing who the Space Jockey was, was never a priority for me. It was better before you knew. Prometheus is an incredibly strong film with some profound sci fi concepts that work better without any ties to the ALIEN franchise.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'm bummed out that Noomi Rapace will not be in the sequel...I'm a big fan of hers, what a bummer.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          IMO the second movie Aliens, is my favorite, also I thought I heard somewhere that the sci-fi classic movie
          IT, ( the terror from beyond space) was the idea behind the Alien movie. I didn't enjoy Alien (4) all that much
          but the Aliens vs Predator was very enjoyable.

Maybe will see a crossover movie where Star Trek meets the Aliens or Predators.
          the first Alien was absolutely lifted from It and Planet of the Vampires.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

A set image from Alien: Covenant...

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Does anyone else think that the movie sequel names are less than impressive?
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

It would be fun to see a sequel where Newt and Hicks survived, and they all came out of hypersleep, and we see them 20 years later, with Newt all grown up, ready to do her own battles?

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I'd like to see a movie that play's up on the idea that Aliens take the basic shape of their host.

Imagine Aliens in a zoo

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                    I'd like to see a movie that play's up on the idea that Aliens take the basic shape of their host.

Imagine Aliens in a zoo
                    Snailiens...

It would feature a nine-hour "chase" sequence...

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                      I liked the idea from one of the unused Alien 3 scripts that they take on the qualities of their environment -- that the ones we know are all black and tube-y and technorganic because the interiors of the spaceships and colony enclosures have that look. There were supposed to be scenes of an alien in a wooden space and in a wheat field where their bodies are adapted to blend in there. I think that would be intriguing to see.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

The dog alien in Alien 3 (or the cow alien depending on which version of the movie you're watching) was one of the most intriguing aspects of that movie.

Vincent Ward and John Fasano's rejected concept of a wooden monastery planet was wonderfully crazy.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎