• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

TRAILER: 10 Cloverfield Lane

[FLASH_VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQy-ANhnUpE [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions have surpised the world again with another movie not too many people knew thew were making:

A trailer, made to look like a bootleg, has been released for a film called 10 Cloverfield Lane starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Gallagher, Jr. and John Goodman. The unannounced sequel to 2008's found footage monster flick, Cloverfield, which was directed by Matt Reeves and written by Drew Goddard. J.J
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Watch the movie trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane, a new film from J.J. Abrams. 10 Cloverfield Lane is coming to theatres March 11th.Director: Dan Trachtenberg...

For some reason when posting I cannot just post vid or images so you are going to have to go to the link above.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

It's not a sequel. They're attempting to re-appropriate "Cloverfield" as a branding banner.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

is it a totally different movie then? I liked Cloverfield a lot, but the footage all being jerky camcorder stuff got annoying really fast

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

After a car accident, a young woman (Michelle) comes to in an underground cellar, where most of the action takes place. She fears she has been abducted by a survivalist, who tells her he saved her life and that a chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable. Uncertain what to believe, she decides she must escape, whatever dangers she may face outside.

IMDB: Since Cloverfield, it will be the first monster movie in 7 years to take place in Manhattan, New York, with a creature thought to have come from a satellite. It is estimated to be released ten years after the first film was released.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Michelle) said: “As it goes on, it gets progressively darker and darker, and less and less funny, and weirder”.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

This was a sub-10million dollar Paramount production under a now defunct banner, shot, IIRC about a year ago. Matt Reeves is the guy behind Cloverfield and he's got nothing to do with this. Abrams didn't create Cloverfield, he just gathered the financing. In turn, he ended up with control over the copyright.

The story premise allows for reshoots at any point since it's all held in the bomb shelter. There could be a big revision as the original script (The Cellar, IIRC), was set near Chicago, but this title address has some connection to the NY vicinity. I could see the subplot as to why Goodman has her changing from simple nuclear fallout, to some deal with Clover. But they have a problem with the time-lapse. Cloverfield gives a hard date as 2009. She's got an iPhone 6 in one shot. That could also be dropped in reshoots, but at that point, they would be reshooting almost a quarter of the script. I guess it's possible with such a small budget.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I saw the trailer at the movies the other day and what reaction it did generate from the audience wasn't complimentary. One penetrating analysis I heard was "What a load of ****!"
              Last edited by phil; Feb 1, '16, 2:22 AM.

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

Wasn't this story an episode of the new Outer Limits or Metal Hurlant or some show like that in the last couple years? I remember watching it not that long ago . . .

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎