X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Up Close: Super Friends Apache Chief and Superman

The Super Friends toy line by Figures Toy Company is one of the most anticipated lines of 2015 and their delivery in December meant many 70s kids got some major wish fulfillment in the plastic form of something many of us have pined for since “Challenge of the Super Friends” first aired.

So we bring you part two of our photo review (If you haven’t already check out Robin and Samurai here), this one covering Apache Chief and Superman, perhaps you’ve heard of them.

So, as with all of our “Mego Museum Up Close” features, we let the pictures do the talking.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I need a new camera. Those are some great shots.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Nice shots Brian. This has been a great series. Looking forward to more heroes this year.

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

Nice pictures, I think the Superman sculpt looks really good.

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

I really love the Apache Chief. One of my favorites from Super Friends.

Thinking about adding him to my wishlist. The clothing looks well done (maybe not the cuffs and neckscarf, but those are probably easy fixes. I also really like his face sculpt. But am I the only one who wishes they would make him with rooted hair, like the Thor figure. Seems like that would have been a more authentic "Mego-y" way of presenting him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^The AC clothing is very well-made.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

I was browsing Classic TV Toys, but they have surprisingly few options for a male head with rooted black hair. Conan, Kull, and KISS aren't doing much for me.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎