Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceAgent
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

A Catwoman-themed set could include the Newmar and Kitt versions, one of her henchmen in leopard-print jacket, and Pussycat (Lesley Gore).

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I've been away for a couple of weeks.

Updated the initial post with new items up for sale that includes everything I had on my list as being up for release this month!

If I missed anything else, please let me know.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Here's something I'm wondering about. Waves 1 & 2 of the Super Friends present us with 90 percent of the core cast. The only major player missing from this line so far is Batman. I'm actually surprised that Robin came out before his cape and cowled mentor. I know there's plenty of Batman figures in FTC right now, but I can't help wondering when the Super Friends version will come out, and curiously, who with? Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman? Or is it possible they may make Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog? Or maybe with some villains? I guess the big question would be will the Super Friends version of Batman be coming out this year? Anyway, I'm simply Bat Curious

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

It's a bit odd that they didn't give us SF Batman, but I'm guessing it's just because there are SO many Batman figures out or coming out that they felt SF Batman could wait a bit and sell better down the line.

I'm guessing Batman with Grundy!

Comment

• blue devils
            • Jun 9, 2015

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            I do wonder what Scooby Doo villains are in the pipe. There are quite a few of them.

JeffBearCO
            I agree! The list could be very long for the ghosts.

Comment

• blue devils
              • Jun 9, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              not much left to be in series 6. hoping for another villain or two before this line winds down or devolves into pure variants.
              Maybe series 6 will be.... Newmar Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Aunt Harriet, and a goon. Or maybe all three Catwomen and Gordon.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

At this point, Newmar Catwoman is pretty much all I can think of that I'd want from the 66 Batman line.
                With Batman's head being so large, his Neal Adams line is pretty much dead for me right now.
                Holding out hope for the Wonder Woman wave. Mainly for the costume since I'd want to replace the female bodies and maybe even WW's head. So, basically the costume may be the only keeper. I'm imagining they will reuse the Super Friends head with a repaint. Not bad, but the tiara would be attached. Diana Prince will probably have molded hair. But if done right, that could still be cool. I'd still LOVE to see them get the license for they Lynda Carter WW. That would open things up a LOT and give almost endless variants if they get the head right!
                Flash wave could draw me in. I'd want to see a Barry Allen figure before I bought them.
                A Green Lantern could draw me in if they do a wave of the corps members. The aliens wouldn't be that odd with huge heads. A Hal Jordan figure would ROCK.
                A Green Arrow line could draw me in if they did a wave that included Oliver Queen and Black Canary. Maybe an 8" Speedy for this and the Titans line.
                Nightwing and Cyborg are a great starting point for the Titans line. Curious how they do StarFire. I'll probably hold back until they do a wave 2 hoping they do an 8" Wonder Girl and Kid Flash.

Other than that, it's Scooby Doo villains - Hit or miss/pick and choose and Johnny Quest if I get sucked into that.

So, there is a LOT coming down the line and a few speculations. But I'm thinking this hobby might be slowing down for me. Not feeling the enthusiasm that I did at one point. Getting tired of spending $30 per figure then having to invest another $30 for "tweaks". And once they are tweaked, what does that do to the resale value?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I just selected to have my BBTS Pile of Loot shipped, so in a week or less, I should have the following series:

Super Friends The Wonder Twins
                  Super Friends Series 02
                  Super Powers Series 03
                  Batman Series 04
                  Batman 1966 TV Series 05
                  Batman 1966 TV Surfing Series
                  Superman Series 02
                  Harry Potter Wave 01

And that doesn't include the Toycade Barbara Gordon Wedding Gown Variant.

That's A LOT of FTC figures on the way! And that will give me a pretty good picture of how I feel about these going forward. I usually find some disappointment with every FTC figure I open and wonder, "Why am I still buying these?", or, "I should have left it in the package...". Even The Flash, with the loose head, bugged me a little, even though I knew he was going on a new body. And despite still having an issue with the neck plug, after I put The Flash on a Type S body, I just thought, Wow! I'm so glad to have this figure!

With no pre-orders on any product right now and with so much stuff coming to my doorstep soon, I hope to be able to evaluate whether I enjoy these enough at the cost and the tweaks that can take it from a disappointing or decent figure to great or amazing. Outside of The Penguin and his floppy body, the Batman 1966 Series has been great on the stock FTC body. When you don't have to swap bodies, that is a big $$$ help. If the Super Friends work on the FTC body, I may keep that line as is out the package too. The big question for me is whether FTC will continue to offer up costumes and heads separately. And whether to play the waiting game on those, knowing I might miss out on a figure. Because I would be more than happy to provide my own body and forgo packaging I don't need.

I have asked myself the resale question recently. I have rarely gone into a purchase for the resale opportunities, so it's not a big concern for me, but I understand the question. As a person that is selling off parts of a collectibles collection, I have been happy with the returns on many items I never got around to opening. People will pay more for NEW items, unopened and untouched by human hands... outside of the factory worker! I think once you make a tweak, not a wholesale upgrade that makes a figure more of a custom than a tweak, resale value will decrease or be the same as a packaged, non-tweaked figure.
                  Last edited by TRDouble; May 18, '16, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

S-type body makes a world of difference for these figures. My 66 Batman collection (and growing Super-friends) is a testament to that.

The fact is,without the S-type,I would not be buying much of these, if any at all.

IMO- a tweaked figure makes a better figure and makes the figure have MORE value
                    Last edited by Teemu; May 18, '16, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I just selected to have my BBTS Pile of Loot shipped, so in a week or less, I should have the following series:

Super Friends The Wonder Twins
                      Super Friends Series 02
                      Super Powers Series 03
                      Batman Series 04
                      Batman 1966 TV Series 05
                      Batman 1966 TV Surfing Series
                      Superman Series 02
                      Harry Potter Wave 01

And that doesn't include the Toycade Barbara Gordon Wedding Gown Variant.

That's A LOT of FTC figures on the way!
                      Wow, that's an impressive haul!

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Except for the harry potter line.i bought all the same stuff above.i think of retros as mego continued in a way.and even though their expensive I also really enjoy them.i also got the emce /diamond marvel figures and star trek figures.i don't know how long the retro mego movement will last .but its fun.although ill skip some variants along the way if their the same thing .looking forward to the wonder women.flash.shazam and other wghs figures.Scooby doo.hanna Barbara and bats 66.

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

I also bought a lot of big bang low figures.and it seems at this time their done with the mego-thing.so ftc and emce diamond.will get my interest.and a figure like capt Canuck and the supercollector would be cool too

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

Big bang low .typing to fast

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

Bif bang low .how did that happen.i did it again

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by warlock664
                                Wow, that's an impressive haul!
                                Yeah, can't wait for my wife to see the box, ! I was supposed to have my new computer desk setup and my little den cleaned up before I shipped my Pile of Loot, so it just kept building and building and... And my new computer desk is still in the box in the basement! But it was just so much stuff and I don't have much other stuff that I am waiting for, so I thought I better ship now. Should be a fun day, when I get a chance to open it all up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎