Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

What a sore loser that Cam Newton turned out to be...no class whatsoever. Didn't congratulate Manning nor the Bronocs, nothing...behaving like a scorned petulant child...screw him...I hope he NEVER EVER wins a Super Bowl, bad immature loser.
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
      What a sore loser that Cam Newton turned out to be...no class whatsoever. Didn't congratulate Manning nor the Bronocs, nothing...behaving like a scorned petulant child...screw him...I hope he NEVER EVER wins a Super Bowl, bad immature loser.
      He'd be right at home on the Patriots team. Denver had the Kryptonite for Superman.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

You know Cam has only himself to blame for making such a crybaby scene like that. For two weeks he stood up high talking about how he was unappreciated and shamelessly comparing himself to greats in sports, while the Broncos quietly went about their business of getting ready to play. You could see this coming from a mile away. The guy had zero experience in a Superbowl and acted like he had already been there four times. The media made the game hype about Peyton and Cam, but it was crystal clear it was going to be a defensive affair. There were plenty of signs over the course of games late in the season and during the playoffs that the Panthers were highly susceptible to a potential collapse. Week 16 against the Giants and then in the playoffs against the Seahawks, you saw a team take a stunning drought for two or more quarters in scoring after rolling up huge leads. Despite winning on a 15-1 record, they seem to be a house of cards teetering on the brink waiting for the right team to find that combination to take them down for all four quarters. Wade Phillips with that Broncos defense absolutely were a clear candidate to expose that weakness.

As far as the Panthers having the potential for a repeat trip to the top prize...well... time will tell. Lots of adjusting to do in the off season. But most quarterbacks who display that kind of smug attitude in losing one seldom make the trip back. When you lose and lose convincingly in a game of this magnitude, teams take notice of how that occurred and copy the strategy. For the Panthers to even consider another shot, they will have to reconfigure much of how they got there and even more about how to prepare for it away from the distractions of lights and cameras that seem to be Cam's only focus.

On a side note, I'm very pleased the Broncos Von Miller won the MVP award. That guy has been a beast throughout the playoffs and more than made his presence known in this Superbowl. Very much deserving.

Comment

• megoapesnut
          The name says it all!
          • Dec 3, 2007

Very happy to see DeMarcus Ware get a ring. Classy guy and one of the greats. Congrats to Denver.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Very true! Us Cowboys fans can take pride in knowing one of those great defensive players from the Wade Phillips years at Dallas made it to the top prize. He is very deserving indeed.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Thought Peyton Manning showed class by not addressing or announcung retirement, much as the media announcers kept pressuring about it. I thought Jim Nance asking about it during the trophy presentation was in poor taste. Peyton made it all about his team.
                Although he did make the same speech about kissing his kids and drinking a lot of Budweiser twice. I'm guessing he scored a few cases for that endorsement.

BTW. Worst halftime show. 50 years to come up with something spectacular...and THIS?
                They should just give up on trying to find a big name artist and they should just go back to the marching bands. I'd rather see someone put time & effort into doing something than see 1000 fake fans scream at colored lights and a weak singer.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I have to admit I thought Carolina would score a lot more then just 10 points, the Denver defense played a great
                  game, well deserved win. Although Payton has been a Patriots nemesis throughout the years, I always respected
                  him, and happy to see him retire with a championship just like Elway, I'd like to see Brady go out the same way.

Newton on the other hand needs to grow up and his attitude just got a reality check, there's no doubt he is
                  a good QB and if he smartens up might get back to another SB, Carolina is a very good team, there not just
                  going to fold because they lost, although next season they will have a much tougher schedule.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                      You know Cam has only himself to blame for making such a crybaby scene like that. For two weeks he stood up high talking about how he was unappreciated and shamelessly comparing himself to greats in sports, while the Broncos quietly went about their business of getting ready to play. You could see this coming from a mile away. The guy had zero experience in a Superbowl and acted like he had already been there four times. The media made the game hype about Peyton and Cam, but it was crystal clear it was going to be a defensive affair. There were plenty of signs over the course of games late in the season and during the playoffs that the Panthers were highly susceptible to a potential collapse. Week 16 against the Giants and then in the playoffs against the Seahawks, you saw a team take a stunning drought for two or more quarters in scoring after rolling up huge leads. Despite winning on a 15-1 record, they seem to be a house of cards teetering on the brink waiting for the right team to find that combination to take them down for all four quarters. Wade Phillips with that Broncos defense absolutely were a clear candidate to expose that weakness.

As far as the Panthers having the potential for a repeat trip to the top prize...well... time will tell. Lots of adjusting to do in the off season. But most quarterbacks who display that kind of smug attitude in losing one seldom make the trip back. When you lose and lose convincingly in a game of this magnitude, teams take notice of how that occurred and copy the strategy. For the Panthers to even consider another shot, they will have to reconfigure much of how they got there and even more about how to prepare for it away from the distractions of lights and cameras that seem to be Cam's only focus.

On a side note, I'm very pleased the Broncos Von Miller won the MVP award. That guy has been a beast throughout the playoffs and more than made his presence known in this Superbowl. Very much deserving.
                      Can't add much to your post, great stuff from you once again...
                      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=thunderbolt;1267150]. He'd be right at home on the Patriots team.

Please explain why you would think that?

Comment

• megomania
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          Thought Peyton Manning showed class by not addressing or announcung retirement, much as the media announcers kept pressuring about it. I thought Jim Nance asking about it during the trophy presentation was in poor taste. Peyton made it all about his team. Although he did make the same speech about kissing his kids and drinking a lot of Budweiser twice. I'm guessing he scored a few cases for that endorsement. BTW. Worst halftime show. 50 years to come up with something spectacular...and THIS? They should just give up on trying to find a big name artist and they should just go back to the marching bands. I'd rather see someone put time & effort into doing something than see 1000 fake fans scream at colored lights and a weak singer.
                          Sorry but Jim Nantz has an obligation to ask those types of questions, regardless of the moment.

He's a member of the media. He's paid to ask questions that elicit provocative answers.

What if he passed on the question and after the trophy ceremony, whether on the field or in the locker room, another member of the media asks and Manning says "It's been a great career and I've decided to call it quits".

You don't bite your tongue just because Manning isn't "making it about himself".

-Chris

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

[QUOTE=tjacwave50;1267272]
                            Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            . He'd be right at home on the Patriots team.

Please explain why you would think that?
                            The arrogance and poor sportsmanship that has been demonstrated by the coach and players in the past.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

[QUOTE=thunderbolt;1267318]
                              Originally posted by tjacwave50

The arrogance and poor sportsmanship that has been demonstrated by the coach and players in the past.
                              ha ha ha
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                                Very happy to see DeMarcus Ware get a ring. Classy guy and one of the greats. Congrats to Denver.
                                yea same here
                                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎