Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRJ001
    • Feb 2, 2014

Trek Romulan advice

greetings. recently acquired what i thought was a pretty nice loose romulan for a decent price. however upon receipt, was surprised to discover that the "floating" black fabric belt that's stitched to the lower snaps is missing. so i have a few questions - what do you think the current value of a nm romulan (minus the fabric belt) is? do you think it's a good idea to hold onto this one with the possibility of replacing the outfit at a later point? while i have seen nm complete ones sell for the same price i paid - i've also seen lower grade ones sell for more. does anyone have a nice original romulan outfit they want to sell? also wondering if the black fabric belt on the romulan is identical to the belt on the thing figure? thinking maybe i can pull the belt off a beat thing and have it sit around my romulans waist until i can get this resolved.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

No idea as to value, but a FF belt is a great substitute. It's a flocked, velvety fabric with a white mesh backing.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

Honestly it all depends on what you paid for it. I think they are usually between $300 and $400 for nice complete ones.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

yea depends on how much you paid...but if he's really nice he may be worth holding onto
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MRJ001
          • Feb 2, 2014

thanks for the replies. sending it back or keeping it is actually a tough decision. while i do feel a bit cheated and normally wouldn't keep a toy with such damage in my collection - the rarity of this one has me on the fence. one thing i'm sure of is that i've had enough of dishonest/deceptive sellers. it's killing my enjoyment of the hobby.

Comment

• josephcardone
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 10, 2010

Why don't you ask the seller to adjust the price since it has this damage ??

Comment

• MRJ001
              • Feb 2, 2014

i did contact the seller about adjusting the price. he responded by saying he would lift his no returns policy in this case since he already has another buyer interested

Comment

• MRJ001
                • Feb 2, 2014

i'm just going to return it. i don't like the seller and i know i'll never be happy with the figure he sent me

Comment

• josephcardone
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 10, 2010

Request a return. eBay will provide a shipping label.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

the hell with him...send it back for sure
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I would return it to the seller and make sure you also get back the shipping cost too, then look for another
                      loose Romulan that is complete and the seller has a few pics of the front-back and sides, you may though have to
                      spend a little more than the one you had got, you could also find a Romulan in nice condition but without the weapons
                      which would be a little cheaper and you can pretty much find trek red weapons on eBay.

If you do find what your looking for, always check the sellers feedback first.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎