Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Modern Thor is too small for a Type S body? And, I was going to use the original ZICA body for both Thor(s)....Dang! I just canceled my pre-order via BBTS. (I was really hoping to get my hands on this set.) Many thanks for the review Bronxboykev.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by nubee
      Modern Thor is too small for a Type S body? And, I was going to use the original ZICA body for both Thor(s)....Dang! I just canceled my pre-order via BBTS. (I was really hoping to get my hands on this set.) Many thanks for the review Bronxboykev.
      Modern Thor was Horrible to dress.Shockingly the S-type does not work for the Modern Thor especially since the outfit barely fits the EMCE body.It was a struggle to dress the EMCE body.The head plug is also small and the hard hair makes it difficult to attach the head to the S-type.I tried and this has my first S-type exchange Fail

Classic Thor works just fine on the S-type so that is a Win!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm wondering if the molded hair can be nudged in boiling water and reset in cold water so that there is more clearance.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Those wrist bands are way too wide, and with the lack of the black center stripe it makes them a fail overall IMO.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

I don't open my Retro Figures but the Wristband is an easy fix for those who do remove them from the box. They can easily be folded in half.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I'm wondering if the molded hair can be nudged in boiling water and reset in cold water so that there is more clearance.
              tried the hairdryer method and it didn't work too well.The hair just wants to stay

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I always thought that Thor was a near perfect Mego for it's time so what happened to modern Thor ? I am still picking one of these up from BBTS because I wan't the
                classic Thor but not liking Big head Thor, and Donald Blake

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

So, Modern Thor costume will not fit on Dr Mego swivel arm buff body I have been getting for $5 each for the secret ID and Modern costumes?

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    So, Modern Thor costume will not fit on Dr Mego swivel arm buff body I have been getting for $5 each for the secret ID and Modern costumes?
                    That I don't know... I only use type s or original Mego... My modern Thor is on an original Type 1 Mego body and works well with it. Being these were made with Doc and type 2 like bodies in mind I'm thinking they will work

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I got my set today and was very pleased with the retro Thor,it doesn't have the hole in the head to fit the helmet in like the original so I used one of those clear rubber bands you get in figure packaging to secure it.i tried putting the modern head on both a doc mego swivel body and a Zico body to no avail,I'm sure I can get it to fit but the molded hair is in the way a dim in no rush to have the modern Thor or don Blake,I bought this for the retro so right now those pieces will go to my fodder box.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

I like the Modern Thor (is that even his look anymore though?); one of the better classic to modern updates. I am disappointed in the struggles to turn the parts into a functional kit. There always seems to be something with these sets, unfortunately.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by wise guy
                          I always thought that Thor was a near perfect Mego for it's time so what happened to modern Thor ? I am still picking one of these up from BBTS because I wan't the
                          classic Thor but not liking Big head Thor, and Donald Blake
                          hey lmk if you want to sell me the modern thor stuff cheers

Comment

• nubee
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            I like the Modern Thor (is that even his look anymore though?); one of the better classic to modern updates. I am disappointed in the struggles to turn the parts into a functional kit. There always seems to be something with these sets, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, there does appear to be "something" with these sets. ( I did not buy Spidey and Cap as a result.) (I think Wolverine was the only one that was OK. Unfortunately, I have no interest in him.) I was truly hoping that any issues would have been resolved by the time Thor was made.

For the sake of this line, and for those who are getting Deadpool, I hope there are no more issues.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Unfortunately, there does appear to be "something" with these sets. ( I did not buy Spidey and Cap as a result.) (I think Wolverine was the only one that was OK. Unfortunately, I have no interest in him.) I was truly hoping that any issues would have been resolved by the time Thor was made.

For the sake of this line, and for those who are getting Deadpool, I hope there are no more issues.
                              Its a shame for the price point that there are constant production issues. At 80 bucks they should be perfect.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

No, Wolverine has its' issues too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎