• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by DSTZach
    Great look, Rodkeith!
    I agree, that looks really nice. The kitbashing aspect of these sets is a plus IMO.

Plus, I've always liked figures with molded hair. I know I'm in the minority, but I was hoping SF Wonder Woman would feature so.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 7, '16, 7:37 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 21, 2009

I tried and tried to get a Mego body to fit into the modern Thor costume -- it damaged the costume to squeeze in one of Doc's basic bodies. The head doesn't fit, the costume doesn't fit. It's all well and good to make a great-looking set like this, but if the stuff doesn't work, well then, that's not okay. These sets are too expensive for there to be so many problems. The packaging, while not as bad as it was with Spider-Man, continues to be cumbersome and difficult to navigate, especially if you are trying to preserve it. I'm going to give this series one more chance with Daredevil, and if everything isn't as it should be, I'm out. Too frustrating.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
        I tried and tried to get a Mego body to fit into the modern Thor costume -- it damaged the costume to squeeze in one of Doc's basic bodies. The head doesn't fit, the costume doesn't fit. It's all well and good to make a great-looking set like this, but if the stuff doesn't work, well then, that's not okay. These sets are too expensive for there to be so many problems. The packaging, while not as bad as it was with Spider-Man, continues to be cumbersome and difficult to navigate, especially if you are trying to preserve it. I'm going to give this series one more chance with Daredevil, and if everything isn't as it should be, I'm out. Too frustrating.
        I didn't try to put the costume on a body. I sold the outfit and only tried to put the head in a torso before shipping it. The head and costume not fitting the body makes the "new Thor" a total fail.

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

It's too bad that every one of the superhero sets EMCE has released that I have any interest in has ended up having some sort of issue that botches the whole set for me:

Spider-Man: The Parker head looked nothing like the excellent prototype and was therefore useless to me; the new Spider-Man head was too small.

Captain America: The modern Cap head has a giraffe neck that makes the figure look very awkward, and on top of that the sewed on stars just look awful

Thor: The modern head is much too large for Thor to look good on the shelf next to all my other Megos. (Although I also don't like the fact that the modern costume apparently can't fit a type S body you can't really blame EMCE for that.)

I bought Spider-Man set and was disappointed; I skipped both Cap and Thor after seeing pics. And I really wanted to love this line.

I have no interest in Wolverine or Deadpool. But I am very interested in Daredevil. DD in his red costume looks incredible in the pics I've seen so far--but will the set once again have problems? All I really need out of the set is DD in his red outfit; crossing my fingers that portion of the set is problem-free at least.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
            Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
            • May 13, 2004

I put my modern Thor on a S body and although it was difficult to get the suit on it, it fit and looks great! Had to modify the hair a bit with a box knife to get the head to fit on the S body and modified the neck hole on the body a bit too, but I am happy with the results, this was the hardest of the retro sets to work with though for me.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by KosmiCKennY
              I put my modern Thor on a S body and although it was difficult to get the suit on it, it fit and looks great! Had to modify the hair a bit with a box knife to get the head to fit on the S body and modified the neck hole on the body a bit too, but I am happy with the results, this was the hardest of the retro sets to work with though for me.
              I wonder how? because the silver chain suit is way to small and the leather black suit that goes on top can't get on because it barely has a opening to get the arms in...Getting it on the EMCE body was easier because you can pull the arms further out from their sockets to maneuver the arms.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I hope that the Daredevil set does not have any issues with yellow Daredevil head , or body suit( like Thor set ). If the DD head ,and suit, don't fit a regular body than I am done with these . I do not wan't to spend money on another set that I have to customize for that price. Each of the other sets have defective parts and Diamond
                and Emce don't seem to address these problems like the missing hands on Wolverine

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎