Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond needs to re-examine retro Marvel license in 2016...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

something odd happened above it was meant to be

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by DSTZach
      "Out of curiosity, why do you (or any Mego collector) want us to make all of the original Megos? Do you not have the originals, or do you just want the updated/modern versions of them, OR do you just want to buy your favorites in a different format? Honestly curious. I would THINK people posting here would buy the sets for any reason BUT the original figure, since I assume you have all of the original Megos you need."
      Reproduction of the original Marvel Mego is what makes the set attractive (at least to me). Many of us couldn't have the original figures as a kid and many of these figures fetch top dollars in the secondary market even for figures in non mint condition. So imagine getting a perfect reproduction in NEW/MINT condition of that favorite hero of yours at an affordable price... The Diamond/EMCE Marvel Spiderman, Captain America and now Thor had been dreams come true... Now I/We really need Iron Man to complete the come back.

The alter ego and modern versions of the original are welcomed additions in the set. So yes, expand to never released Marvel Megos such like Daredevil, Deadpool, Punisher and Wolverine but make sure to reproduce all the original Marvel heroes (you are just Iron Man and the FF4 from that).

Thanks for these sets and thanks for inquiring our preferences.
      Last edited by Boywonder0; Dec 31, '15, 9:48 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
        With the Civil War movie coming out, I think a Falcon 3-pack would be cool. They could have: mego version, modern version and original green/orange outfit.
        That would be so awesome!!!

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Ironman is a must but Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops and Storm might be nice too !
          Last edited by wise guy; Dec 31, '15, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• argent007
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 7, 2005

I would love to see Dr. Strange and the Falcon.
            My Updated Want List:
            Comic book original art
            1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
            Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Oh, that old argument. No offense, but that sounds so snobby and elitist. There is no "value" to any of this stuff. It's all relevant to supply and demand just like anything else. Prices were high on the originals because there were more people that wanted them than there were figures available. Now there are enough to meet that demand, and everyone can have a nice mint Batman or Superman regardless of financial means. If that means some greedy dude can no longer sell an RC Bats for $$$$$ well, boo-frickin-hoo.
              These are TOYS, not stocks and bonds.
              And trust me, I've paid HUGE amounts for mint originals, and can afford it, but I'm thrilled that I don't have to anymore. In fact, I've LOST money on every vintage Mego I've sold. I don't care. I'm still happy to have new, minty TOYS that I can actually play with and pose, and if it breaks, I can replace it for $25.
              I see NO down side here.
              Let me quote you from earlier "Did you read what I wrote"?

You pigeonhole every debate into some rich man/poor man dynamic, but that's your bag, not mine. You've undoubtedly spent way more on high-priced toy items than I ever have, because you see a value I don't, yet you always argue it's the opposite.

Look at this thread. You started this over the DST pricepoint, yet two days ago, you admitted to buying three of Toycade's "Vote 4 Batman" variants. That's the same amount as a DST set for a Batman figure you also stated was no different than its first release. From my view, you just paid 4x over the retail price for one FTC figure, while DST offers three for 25% less.

So let's stop pretending this about making Mego affordable for some lumpen class, alright? It's all about the actual chase and that applies for every market, especially collector's markets. The mentality difference is Tortoise v Hare. I took several years to build my collection and not one time did I buy an overpriced complete original. Figure by figure, piece by piece when needed. Why? Because "These are TOYS".

And no offense to all here, but Hare buyers kill every market. Manufacturers do not know how to gauge between satiated and saturated, and Hares are as quick to drop off as they were to buy. If you demand a company sell a certain item, and then don't buy cause you don't like the final product, you just screwed that company. If FTC had started with original DC figures, I would have felt obligated to buy the first waves, balloon heads and all.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Out of curiosity, why do you (or any Mego collector) want us to make all of the original Megos? Do you not have the originals, or do you just want the updated/modern versions of them, OR do you just want to buy your favorites in a different format? Honestly curious. I would THINK people posting here would buy the sets for any reason BUT the original figure, since I assume you have all of the original Megos you need.
                I don't have any of my original Mego figures; just the Batmobile and blue Batcycle.

So I buy the repros because the originals are either too expensive, in bad shape, or a mix of original and repro parts being charged at original prices. Although, to be honest, I haven't checked eBay prices in a while. And I was one of the complainers of the Spider-Man set, because that was one of the affordable original Mego figures on eBay, which caused DST to go with the rarer circle suit, which I did not want; I wanted a regular suit, which was affordable on eBay... which kind of makes me hypocritical on the whole Spidey set issue

I do like the idea of modern versions of the characters and new characters done in this format, although I haven't been all that pleased with the execution (but that's not a discussion for this thread though).
                Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 1, '16, 1:14 PM.

Comment

• drogge
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

I would prefer a mix of new figures with reproductions. There is some excitement with getting a new never made figure.

Comment

• zeedox
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 10, 2007

Iron Man and Hulk

So this basically means we are not getting Iron Man or Hulk at all in 2016?

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Out of curiosity, why do you (or any Mego collector) want us to make all of the original Megos? Do you not have the originals, or do you just want the updated/modern versions of them, OR do you just want to buy your favorites in a different format? Honestly curious. I would THINK people posting here would buy the sets for any reason BUT the original figure, since I assume you have all of the original Megos you need.
                      I personally would like to see NEW figures from EMCE and FTC. Like you said I have all the original stuff and want to see stuff Mego never made in the same style. I have Cap, Wolvie and Spidey and will get Thor, Deadpool and any one else coming. I have no problem with the 3-figure sets. I like the SI and Modern versions included.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Avengers- We have Cap and Thor. Need Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panther, Falcon, etc.

X-Men- Only Wolverine and Deadpool so far. Need Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel, Psylocke

Fantastic 4- All 4!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                          Custom Mego Maker
                          • Jun 3, 2007

Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne X-Men!

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                            Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne X-Men!
                            Yes please!
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

70s/80s Cockrum/Byrne X-Men costumes are BEST!

I have ALL Marvel Select 7" Classic X-Men figures and would love DST Mego sets as well!

Comment

• jreinhardt
                                • May 10, 2007

Seriously these gift sets by diamond are good but the only thing that needs to change is how shiny the outfits are. I prefer the dull costumes over the shines ones but it makes it easier when looking at the new ones compared to vintage ones. The figures are cool exception being wolverine... I just can't stand the removable mask on the yellow one considering it had his Logan head in the set too.

I just hope they give us Iron Man and some other characters Mego never produced. i just hope that they can carry the line long enough for us to get the characters that we want.

As far as price it is on par with FTC per figure after picking up bodies, you just have to buy the gift set and the bodies separately. FTC has raised their prices and personally I prefer marvel over DC. The fact that Marvel is getting produced has me stoked.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎