Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond needs to re-examine retro Marvel license in 2016...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
    oh the appeal of megos for me is the "cheesy" factor.i don't want "high toy art" in an eight inch figure like hot toys or neca,i want as close as possible renditions of my favorite toys as a kid.A Neca 8 inch figure could be "balls to the wall" like a hot toys figure,but it wouldn't give me that "mego" feel.
    I get what you're saying...but I don't want "the cheesy factor" when it comes to head sculpts. But no worries, they're getting better...that DareDevil head sculpt is EXCELLENT!!
    sigpic

Comment

• melkorjunior
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 20, 2014

Mego figures always walked a line between silliness and realism. As a rule I think a headsculpt like Mego Superman strikes the appropriate balance. He's optimistic but he still looks cool and heroic. Mego Batman, on the other hand, is much too silly looking. As far as the EMCE sets go, I think the Daredevil looks good. Hopefully there won't be any problems with that one like there were with Cap and Thor and Spidey.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

I bought the Spidey set and the Captain America set when they first hit the market. They are displayed proudly with all of my other figures but unless there is a big change in quality, craftsmanship and pricing, I won't be buying any more of these sets. If they start putting out individually packaged figures and introduce figures we haven't had before I will be one of the first in line to open my wallet.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎