Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody collecting new Star Wars Force Awakens figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Anybody collecting new Star Wars Force Awakens figures?

I'm not talking about "speculating", just collecting the figures you like and think are cool.

I haven't bought much, as I've been focusing on shopping for family, but I got one for my birthday and that got the ball rolling. So far I only have Constable Zuvio, Sarco Plank (LOVE the character design, but don't remember seeing him in the movie) and a Capt. Phasma. I'm searching for the two pack of Sidon Ithano & First Mate Quiggold. I love Ithano's design, hope we get to see a lot more of him.
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Been collecting them. Have quite a few and the ships, too.

Comment

• Boris71
      GeekBot' For Life
      • May 13, 2007

I like them but the sharp price increase put me off mat get one or two after Christmas to add to the saga and mission series I was collecting
      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I'll live vicariously through my son.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
          I'll live vicariously through my son.
          Is he getting Star Wars toys for X-mas?

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

My neighbor is concerned because Santa will be bringing his two boys tons of Kylo Ren stuff for Christmas, but then they saw the movie and the kids were angry at Ren for his actions in the film, and they turned on him and are mad at him.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
              Is he getting Star Wars toys for X-mas?
              Not really, more into Halo these days but he buys the odd figure now and then.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

My son's are getting some of the 6" Black series including the massive Tie Fighter. I don't know where we'll put it, but it's pretty awesome.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the movie, so now the urge to collect is there.
                  I'd like to get the Black Series TIE, cool piece, and the Hot Toys look great, but not at that price. I might wait until it all blows over a bit.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

I have a small collection so far, mainly consisting of 6" Black Series figures. I wasn't going too crazy until seeing the movie. I love the movie, so now want more. I currently have a 6" Finn on the way from Amazon. Only $13.19 for those interested http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

I finally broke down and bought a 6" Black Series Commander Cody, I think I've started down a slippery slope here.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 18, 2008

I have been picky. Not so much on the 3 3/4 inch figs. Just Phasma, Kylo, Stormtroopers, Flametroopers and about 20 Snowtroopers. I also bought the Snowtrooper speeder 3 times. The tie fighter and the x-wing. The 6 inch line however continues to drain my wallet. That Tie Fighter is massive. It is even bigger than i thought. The cockpit fits two 6 inch figures back to back. I buy every figure twice. I have 36 of the toysrus exclusive Snowtrooper. I have a major Snowtrooper addiction. My wife and myself just bought our dream house a few months back. So I have been building my toyroom. I have the mego's on the wall already. My main pieces will be my Snowtrooper army. I have over 300, going back to the vintage to the current style. I have a bunch of old hoth play sets i am going to piece together. I also plan on displaying my vintage loose collection. I am down to needing just a mint blue snags. I just picked up a gorgeous Yak face from Germany. An early Christmas present as i spent $415 bucks on it. But i had to so i got the mint c9.9 grade i want. I can't wait to share the pictures after all is set up. I have a long road ahead still.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                          I have 36 of the toysrus exclusive Snowtrooper.
                          Dang now I know why I had to go to the secondary market to get one of those
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• JWLJN
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 7, 2013

I hadn't bought any Star Wars figures in years, even passed on my most wanted fig as a child, Gargan, but I picked up some of the 3 3/4 inch. I can admire the newer styles, but to me a Star Wars figure should have five points of articulation and that's it. I have Ren, Rey, Phasma, and Zuvio. I know I'll want Han, Leia, Luke, Maz, Lor, NN, and AA when they finally come out.

-J\/\/
                            http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                              I have been picky. Not so much on the 3 3/4 inch figs. Just Phasma, Kylo, Stormtroopers, Flametroopers and about 20 Snowtroopers. I also bought the Snowtrooper speeder 3 times. The tie fighter and the x-wing. The 6 inch line however continues to drain my wallet. That Tie Fighter is massive. It is even bigger than i thought. The cockpit fits two 6 inch figures back to back. I buy every figure twice. I have 36 of the toysrus exclusive Snowtrooper. I have a major Snowtrooper addiction. My wife and myself just bought our dream house a few months back. So I have been building my toyroom. I have the mego's on the wall already. My main pieces will be my Snowtrooper army. I have over 300, going back to the vintage to the current style. I have a bunch of old hoth play sets i am going to piece together. I also plan on displaying my vintage loose collection. I am down to needing just a mint blue snags. I just picked up a gorgeous Yak face from Germany. An early Christmas present as i spent $415 bucks on it. But i had to so i got the mint c9.9 grade i want. I can't wait to share the pictures after all is set up. I have a long road ahead still.
                              Over ten years ago I overheard a toyshow dealer complain to his helper that he sold a Loose Yak Face for $100, he corrected him and said I'd buy them at that price. I believe Yak Face was a background character in Jabba's Palace and is one of the harder to find 1985 POTF loose figures.

I'm so into Marvel Universe and some DC I stay away from all things SW, but if that was my thing I would be collecting Vintage Kenner 3 3/4 or 6 inch Black Series.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎