Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I've always loved the 12" line, but only owned two as a kid, a Boba Fett that my grandparents gave me for my birthday and Chewbacca, that I scrimped and saved up for. In Canada these were selling for $15-25 each while the small figures were only three bucks or so, I seemed to be the only one in my circle of friends who owned any. I guess that growing up as a Mego kid, these larger figures with the cloth outfits connected with me more than the little figures did. They are still my favourite vintage SW toys, and I'm still trying to complete my set.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Some interesting stuff there. I remember Tomart's showing design drawings for a lot of kiddie ride-on items Kenner/Hasbro pitched during the Power of the Force days of the 90s. Ride-on Snowspeeders, Dewbacks, etc. They looked fun.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Really hoping i get to visit Rancho Obi Wan in January.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

I had the 12" Boba Fett.

Those un-produced ones would have been very cool to own in any collection.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
            I've always loved the 12" line, but only owned two as a kid, a Boba Fett that my grandparents gave me for my birthday and Chewbacca, that I scrimped and saved up for. In Canada these were selling for $15-25 each while the small figures were only three bucks or so, I seemed to be the only one in my circle of friends who owned any. I guess that growing up as a Mego kid, these larger figures with the cloth outfits connected with me more than the little figures did. They are still my favourite vintage SW toys, and I'm still trying to complete my set.
            The nice part is, they are more affordable than carded 3.75" figures! And it wasn't always that way. In the late 80s and early 90s, these were the high value items.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Here's one of my favorite unproduced concepts: Star Wars Holiday Special Wookiee Family figures:

I love how Lumpy is a modified Adventure People kid.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

That was very cool. I would have been sold on the 12 inch Empire figures.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎