Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Spoilers....

I have a feeling Rey could eventually turn out to be the most powerful Jedi of all times.

Again, have not even seen the movie yet...

sigpic

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Not to mention he was skewered by his son and fell down many stories and then the entire planet blew up....

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      also, for those hoping Han is actually alive, don't forget, Leia felt Han die. they flashed over to her at command and she felt it and sat down
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Saw the film yesterday, I must admit I wasn't excited or even all that interested but the wife still has faith in the series.

I knew I was going to enjoy the film when Poe and Finn escaped, there was a dynamic there I hadn't seen in some time. The movie had spirited dialogue, good actors and it was fun. I could nitpick little points but why? For two hours, I was engaged and interested in SW again. That's a miracle in of itself.

Especially loved the less than perfect villain, the fact that the CGI characters didn't have "Jerry Lewis" racial voices and the engaging space battles.

SPOILER PART

My wife and I were seated next to an eight year old girl, during a certain scene she screamed "Nooo!" and began to cry, it reminded me of being nine and seeing Empire. Some people might have been annoyed at that but I kind of felt for her.

My biggest complaint about the prequels was Anakin's downfall didn't make you sad, it should have.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

does anyone know what Von Sydow's characters connection was to Leia?

the other thing I was wondering, is how long has Luke really been missing? because that would also say how long Han and Leia have been estranged. they never mention it in the movie. it could be a year, or 5 or 10. we just don't know. I had considered Rey possibly being Leia's kid and not Han's, but I don't think that is it. I also note she is very, very much like Jaina Solo from the EU. they may have dropped the EU from official cannon, but they are definitely incorporating elements of it. in the EU, Luke's kid was named Ben. here is it is Han and Leia's son. I still have high hopes for Mara Jade being introduced. After all, I did name my youngest daughter after her
          See post number 53 by me

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...r-Party!/page6

Also for anyone else that doesn't know who Mara Jade might be here's a little Wookiepedia on Mara...definitely fits in with the possibility that Rey is Luke and Mara's kid:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy

SPOILER PART

My wife and I were seated next to an eight year old girl, during a certain scene she screamed "Nooo!" and began to cry, it reminded me of being nine and seeing Empire. Some people might have been annoyed at that but I kind of felt for her.
            Have you spoken to Jason Lenzi about it yet? I know how big a fan of the character he is. I left the theater in tears, literally. I imagine Jason is in the fetal position still.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Originally posted by Hedji
              Have you spoken to Jason Lenzi about it yet? I know how big a fan of the character he is. I left the theater in tears, literally. I imagine Jason is in the fetal position still.
              Yeah, we've texted. I did share the same concern but he seemed fine and said something to the effect of "I knew he'd never sign for three!" He seemed to like the film despite the loss.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Saw the film yesterday, I must admit I wasn't excited or even all that interested but the wife still has faith in the series.

I knew I was going to enjoy the film when Poe and Finn escaped, there was a dynamic there I hadn't seen in some time. The movie had spirited dialogue, good actors and it was fun. I could nitpick little points but why? For two hours, I was engaged and interested in SW again. That's a miracle in of itself.

Especially loved the less than perfect villain, the fact that the CGI characters didn't have "Jerry Lewis" racial voices and the engaging space battles.

SPOILER PART

My biggest complaint about the prequels was Anakin's downfall didn't make you sad, it should have.
                Very well said. I was excited for the film, as I just had a feeling they got it right this time. And I still think they did. Yes, there are things to pick apart, but honestly all the Star Wars films have those. Well, maybe not Empire. But the other two do.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

I took the family to see this today. I still need to decompress and absorb it all before I comment much, but I really liked it. It was great to finally hear some good, clever dialogue, instead of a bunch of groaners. My son is so not a SW guy though, every time a new character appeared he whispered to me "Is that Luke Skywalker?" *sigh*

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Purely speculation on my part, but I feel like Simon Pegg might have done some uncredited script punch-ups. The bit with Kylo Ren having a tantrum and the two stormtroopers doing an about face seems like something from Pegg's bag of tricks for example. Also Finn claiming that "it's the right thing to do" and then being called out by Poe that he needs someone who can fly a tie fighter.

Rumour has it that Daniel Craig played the Stormtrooper that Rey convinces to untie her.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

I'm just puzzled why there are a few people, not here but on some other sites, that are getting bent out of shape about this movie being too close to the original Star Wars. Did they really think that this movie was going to top the original trilogy??!!?? The nit picking is really starting to get a little bit pathetic. This is what I posted on the music site I go to:

I thought the movie was exactly what it need to be...bringing back Star Wars for the next generation of fans and not completely destroying it for the first generation of fans. As a comic book fan I feel completely alienated as an older reader because basically Marvel and DC have completely BLOWN UP whatever past there was with older readers. Marvel is trying...but DC will never get any of my money again. It has been completely lost by a bunch of Hollywood bean counters in the upper crust of Warner Brothers that have NEVER read a comic book in their life. Abrams has gone completely in the opposite direction of what the comic book companies have done. He actually does care about the fans of the ORIGINAL because he is a fan of the original. Good for Abrams and great for not just the new generation of fans, but for the ORIGINAL generation of fans. I don't feel like I've been cheated with this film at all. A lot of the nit picking to me is just the fact that not everyone was going to be pleased. Too them I say...it's never going to be perfect. Move on and try to enjoy the next 5 films.

I'd ad this...if this one didn't make some people happy then they should just save their money on the next 5 that are going to be coming from the Star Wars brand.

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Re Lightsaber dual. Finn v Kylo Ren. Finn should have went down in one stroke, that more than anything is what made Kylo Ren look super weak. Unless Finn has the Force in him as well.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

I'm glad the old EU is now defunct as there was so much garbage churned out in those novels and comics that it just got tiresome.

SPOILERS...

I guess Finn only lasts as long as he does in the brief duel with Kylo because Kylo is injured at that point from Chewie's bowcaster bolt, plus FO Stormtroopers do have some training with melee weapons, albeit riot control batons, as we see from the battle between Finn and the Stormtrooper earlier in the movie... in which he loses again.
                          Plus it seems that Kylo is almost toying with him for most of that confrontation.
                          Seems the only explanation as to why a non Force user can engage in a lightsaber duel... kind of like the MagnaGuards in Episode III.

Originally posted by clemso
                          Re Lightsaber dual. Finn v Kylo Ren. Finn should have went down in one stroke, that more than anything is what made Kylo Ren look super weak. Unless Finn has the Force in him as well.
                          Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 21, '15, 6:39 AM.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            See post number 53 by me

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...r-Party!/page6

Also for anyone else that doesn't know who Mara Jade might be here's a little Wookiepedia on Mara...definitely fits in with the possibility that Rey is Luke and Mara's kid:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker
                            Mara being the mother is exactly what I was referring to as an introduction. unfortunately we have to wait 2 years to find out

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Yeah, we've texted. I did share the same concern but he seemed fine and said something to the effect of "I knew he'd never sign for three!" He seemed to like the film despite the loss.
                              Me too. Glad he's okay! On a serious note, it really affected me. Hard to loose something from childhood like that. I know, it's a fictional story, but... it shook me.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

also, for those hoping Han is actually alive, don't forget, Leia felt Han die. they flashed over to her at command and she felt it and sat down
                                Han Solo: "Never tell me the odds!" Harrison Ford has already said "anything is possible". If I was a betting man I would bank plenty on that. Solo's resurrection would be an easy fan-delight to finish out this trilogy with Chapter 9. Don't underestimate's Disney's intention to please fans.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎