Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Palpatine is not a shape shifter. he was burned and disfigured by the backlash of his own force lightning while battling Mace Windu

I just got back from the movie. I really liked it, but I felt the first half really moved slowly.....maybe because I was waiting for the big 3 to appear. I was bothered by how fast rey could use her abilities, it kind of throws all of the jedi training out the window from the earlier movies, however, I do think she was trained as a child and the memories were regressed, or erased, and she was slowly starting to remember. sort of like muscle memory. the other gripe I had was that Kylo ren was such a wuss. I mean they buld him up as this dangerous Darth Vader wannabe and he gets his *** handed to him by an untrained, or at least inexperienced girl.

but really I loved it, it was heart breaking to lose Han though, even though I was expecting it. I thought it weird that when they got back to Leia, Chewie just walks right past her with no acknowledgement at all.

I fully expect them to kill off Luke and Leia over the next 2 movies, but I hope that they do not kill of Chewie. Being a Wookie he can live for many years longer than humans, and since it is a costume they can replace Pete Mayhew when he can no longer perform the role(now), and no one would really be able to tell. that way Chewie can continue for any number of movies. I do not in anyway mean by those comments to take away from Mayhew's performance in the role, he is great and does a lot with the fascial expression and eyes, but he already can barely walk because of his knees and really was only in the suit during moments Chewie was not moving.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The boy and I saw it again for a matinee. Caught some dialog that was clapped and cheered over, and some other things.

SPOILERS

I swore I heard Yoda's voice when Rey first touches the Lightsaber. And then at the end of her Force freak-out, it sounds like Obi-Wan saying "Rey". We both heard that.

Anyone else?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

SPOILERS

I swore I heard Yoda's voice when Rey first touches the Lightsaber. And then at the end of her Force freak-out, it sounds like Obi-Wan saying "Rey". We both heard that.

Anyone else?

Chris
        Funny you should mention that Chris:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...force-awakens/

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

I really like Kylo Ren as the villain. I can't stand "too powerful" characters in comics or movies. He's young. He's vulnerable, emotionally. He knows this and he hates it about himself. He shouldn't be as powerful as Darth Vader or Darth Sidious or even Maul. We really don't know his back story at all. Was he a weak student? Bottom of the class? But felt as a desendent of Darth Vader his fellow Jedi in training should show him more respect? Lots of questions to still be answered.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
            Is Ren rather weak? I heard Finn (not even strong in the force) was holding his own against him.

How does he compare to Darth Maul?
            Darth Maul would've made burger patties out of Rey, Finn, and Ren, at the same time, lol...
            sigpic

Comment

• torgospizza
              Theocrat of Pan Tang
              • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
              Shadows of the Empire would be wonderful as an animated adventure, voiced by the original cast. But they'll never get Harrison back.
              That would be awesome. If Ford doesn't want to do it, they should get Perry King, who played Han in the NPR radio dramas.

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Sigh. We took out kids this morning. I liked it, but didn't love it mainly for the reasons already mentioned by others. The actors were spot on and the characters were good, but I found myself checking my watch on multiple occasions. It did remind me of the Trek reboot as others have also mentioned. When we got something new, it was interesting. But repetitive plot points really brought me out of the movie.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Ren outlasted Maul. For all the merchandising, he was taken out by a very green padawan. All hype.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Funny you should mention that Chris:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...force-awakens/
                    That is all kinds of awesome. So you get BOTH Obi Wans, and the original Yoda. Thanks for the link!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Ren outlasted Maul. For all the merchandising, he was taken out by a very green padawan. All hype.

Chris
                      Maul easily handled two opponents at the same time...killed Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn and was dismantling Obi Wan (a highly trained Padawan I might add), he then let his guard down with his cockiness...Obi Wan surprised him, that's all.

Spoilers....

Ren got punked by a scavenger for Christ's sakes...

Last edited by Hector; Dec 20, '15, 6:48 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Darth Maul vs Kylo Ren is like Bruce Lee vs Mr Bean...

I'm just talking outta my butt...as I have not even seen the movie yet, lol. Just going purely by reading this thread.

Can't wait to see it, I envy you guys...

Last edited by Hector; Dec 20, '15, 7:05 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by torgospizza
                          That would be awesome. If Ford doesn't want to do it, they should get Perry King, who played Han in the NPR radio dramas.
                          AMEN! I love Perry King's Han Solo!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by clemso
                            One other thing. I was a bit disappointed by was the look of Supreme Leader Snoke, he looked a bit meh, sort of generic, Voldemortesque.
                            SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

I just wonder if Supreme Leader Snoke is really super big like a Robotech Zentradi or super small like one of the aliens in The Clone Wars.

---------

Other thoughts:

I don't think Kylo was trying to hurt Rey.

Kylo might turn out to be a Force Lightning type of guy.

General Grevious had no Force powers and still killed several Jedi.

Han used a Lightsaber on a Tauntaun, so anyone can pick one up and use it.

Rey has Force powers, mysticism and seems she can see visions of the past and probably future. Therefore it must help in fighting even with zero to little training.

Rey has a knack for everything, A jack of all trades, and is basically Luke, Han and Leia all rolled into one. She's a natural. She is adept in Jedi ways by simply being born, just like Paul Atreides in Dune who automatically knew the ways of the Fremen.

It's probably no coincidence that Max von Sydow is in both films.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

does anyone know what Von Sydow's characters connection was to Leia?

the other thing I was wondering, is how long has Luke really been missing? because that would also say how long Han and Leia have been estranged. they never mention it in the movie. it could be a year, or 5 or 10. we just don't know. I had considered Rey possibly being Leia's kid and not Han's, but I don't think that is it. I also note she is very, very much like Jaina Solo from the EU. they may have dropped the EU from official cannon, but they are definitely incorporating elements of it. in the EU, Luke's kid was named Ben. here is it is Han and Leia's son. I still have high hopes for Mara Jade being introduced. After all, I did name my youngest daughter after her

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

also, for those hoping Han is actually alive, don't forget, Leia felt Han die. they flashed over to her at command and she felt it and sat down

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎