Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Saw it this afternoon. It was everything a SW film should be, unlike the horrible prequels. Had a very original trilogy feel. Can't wait to see it again.

P.S. Rey, Poe, and Finn were all excellent!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers
      Spoilers

Was that Coruscant that got destroyed? So there is no Galactic Capitol? That was unclear to me.

I don't see how the death of ******** couldn't have an impact on a viewer. It was dramatic. It was family related. People throw around the "George Lucas raped my childhood", but truly, wasn't it JJ Abrahms who did so? I say that half-in-jest, but in order to enjoy and accept this film, you are forced to divorce yourself from the "Happily Ever After" that you imagined when the Ewoks were celebrating.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers
        Spoilers

Saw it today and loved it. While I get the "reboot" vibe, I forgive it just for being able to see these characters who are are like seeing old friends again. The two minor issues I did have, Rey figuring out her powers a bit quickly and Kylo Ren having some trouble with Finn, I also forgive since it's all done to move the story along. Disney had a lot they needed to accomplish here and had to do a delicate balancing act to do it. They pulled it off IMO. I also cannot overstate what it meant to see these characters again. I was choked up a good part of the film whenever the old guard was featured. One other point as far as things being "the same". To a large portion of the audience myself included THIS is Star Wars. take it to far off the path and it's just anothe movie with the Star Wars name.

Comment

• Duncan
          Museum focus-groupie
          • Jun 27, 2009

spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler
          spoiler

Originally posted by rche

Favorite part of the movie was when Rey and Finn were babbling and congratulating themselves. That brought me back to 1977 and the original character emotional schizophrenia.

I really like their chemistry; good casting throughout. Also, I'm OK with Rey without Finn, but I didn't care for Finn without Rey. Finn & Poe work well, too. Still...none of the new heroes have the swagger of Han Solo. Need to add that.
          Last edited by Duncan; Dec 19, '15, 1:16 AM.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoiers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers
            Spoilers

Han Solo should've chopped that long bridge that he and Kylo were on with a Thuggee machete.
            Jokes aside, I had to believe there was an "Indy chased by boulder" cinematically planned homage moment in the scene with the big alien creatures coming after him. Looked like it to me anyway.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• mikeMc6
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 24, 2012

I am glad I saw the movie opening night with my 11 year old son...I enjoyed it for what it was, felt gut punched as well by the surprise at the end but I am happy that I watched the movie without knowing any spoilers...facebook has been a meansprited dungeon of trolling spoiler ****ers and I'm amazed at the meanspiritedness of people inserting pivotal spoiler images in non movie posts...terrible.

I watched the movie, marveled at some scenes, grimaced at others, laughed many times (thank god) and ultimately found it enjoyable on a superficial level. That surprise near the end seemed to suck the energy out of the viewing audience I was in with. Very little reflection or memorial on screen for that situation, which left me cold. Oh well.

Very enjoyable young cast.
              INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
              WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by mikeMc6
                Very little reflection or memorial on screen for that situation, which left me cold. Oh well.
                I agree. They made a mistake there. Could be the single worst choice in the movie.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers
                  Spoilers

Here's a decent read on some thoughts on the movie....

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/star-...ered-questions
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• mikeMc6
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 24, 2012

Originally posted by huedell
                    I agree. They made a mistake there. Could be the single worst choice in the movie.
                    spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

Yeah, that's what gets me, too...I can understand the logic of their decision to do away with someone (age of actor, maybe said participant only would do one movie, lack of any memorial by other characters kept less people in the know during the making of movie thus preserving secret, etc., giving room for the new young actors to take the reins)
                    but it just seemed so mean spirited a demise, twisting painful death before mission was successfully completed (no heroic sendoff, character dies not knowing if their death was for a WON noble cause)...and the one character's almost complete non-reaction (in regards to screen time shown) over the death really showed the lack of heart at this movie's core...even if there is no body and a slight chance of movie magic ressurection...no screen time for any grieving leaves audience reeling in a bad way (reeling can be a great thing). Unintentionally felt like a **** you to anyone who cared about that character (which was 99% of the world). I don't mind that an icon of the movie is killed, it is the perfunctory and gratuitous manner that disappoints me.
                    My 11 year old son and I were OK and enjoyed everything thus far, loopholes and all, until that part...
                    INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                    WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

I've decided I would've liked the film a LOT better without the death of that character. It really crushed me. Haven't been so moved by a character death since 1982 (Spock, E.T.)

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

So when the starkiller weapon siphons the energy from a sun/star to power itself up, does it destroy that star in the process? It was a little hard to follow, but I got the impression that it did, since the sun went "out" when the weapon was finished charging.

If that's the case, what's the point? All the planets in the system would die anyway without their sun..

Comment

• RickD
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 31, 2011

SPOILERS
                          SPOILERS
                          SPOILERS

With all the hype, I feel they could have put a lot more attention to the script. As others have mentioned, I was disappointed with Kylo Ren. His little tantrums didn't speak of a commander of the first order, but only a child.

Supreme Leader Snoke reminded me of a character out of the Harry Potter series. Not Star Wars

I'm glad they decided to kill off the beloved character of so many. I for one am a huge fan of this character, but he had to go. It just wouldn't make sense for his character to continue on through the newer movies.

Great special affects, loved the Millennium Falcon scenes! Rey, BB8, Finn, Han, Chewy all were awesome in the movie. I had no issues with seeing Luke Skywalker in the movie for the last two minutes.

Overall a good movie, but Return of the Jedi ranks above this one. I think the next Star Wars movie in 2017 will be much better!
                          Last edited by RickD; Dec 19, '15, 1:26 PM.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers
                            Spoilers

Rey looks way too much like Princess Amidala to be a co-incidence. "The Force is strong in my family" Wiped the floor with Kylo Ren and he had training?

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Spoilers
                              Spoilers
                              I've been following FA since it was announced and most of the major plot points leaked fairly early. I knew Han was going to die and not surprised by it. Honestly, there's no way Harrison Ford would have done another trilogy and it's better than just ignoring the character or giving him a small cameo. It's also been known Luke was only going to be in it very briefly but he will have much more screen time in the next one. That stuff doesn't phase me. It's the little things that surprised me. Like, after being introduced in the Journey to the Force Awakens Moving Target novel, I was surprised Leia's droid Peazy got a blink and you miss her screen time.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Another thought, I'd like to have known more about the state of the galaxy. Why after 30 years was the resistance(Rebels) and the First Order(Empire) still operating basically the same as they were before.

I also wanted to know more about the whole political situation too... like how specifically the First Order rose from the ashes of the Empire, and what the relationship is between the Republic/Senate and the Resistance.

Flipping through the Visual Dictionary answered some of those questions... as it details the treaties and sanctions which were implemented after the Battle of Endor and how things came to be the way they were in the movie regarding the Republic, Resistance and the First Order.

I suspect the novelization will shed some more light on all that too, but it isn't out until January.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎