• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
    Hi Craig,

Can't wait to hear more about your plans for this line. Not sure where you're taking the line exactly yet but would any of these be in the realm of possibility?
    - Slade the Super Agent (I believe you mentioned this was considered)
    - Automan (from the TV Series)
    - Denys Fisher Cyborg Characters (these would cool visually)
    - Monster Squad (TV Series) - this would give us some Remco Monster type figures plus they had a lot of fun villains (really need some more bad guys)
    - Davey Crockett - how about a modern version of this character?

If you are going to include any super heroes I would love to see the following -
    - Greatest American Hero
    - Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
    - Public Domain Super Heroes - any and all of them

Also would love to see you do Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica and all the Sid & Marty Krofft shows in this line.
    All I can say at this point is that the line will be a mix of licensed and original properties. If it does well I'll definitely be taking a look at some the choices from your list.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
      Great! Can't wait for the Kickstarter to go live.
      +1
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

- Davey Crockett - how about a modern version of this character?
        What would a modern Davy Crockett look like, or do you just mean a new toy?
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Ssylyss
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 16, 2008

They look awesome can't wait for the kickstarter.

Comment

• JFAWWE
            • Feb 4, 2008

Originally posted by Falstaff13
            What would a modern Davy Crockett look like, or do you just mean a new toy?
            I was thinking that Craig could add a modernized version of the character to the adventure team. He was a folk hero and a frontiersman so I thought his concept would work well with the other characters plus it would give the team some more name recognition.

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

Found a Remco archive - plenty of ideas here for future additions to the line, especially since you have the name (assuming you may have access to some of the old Remco in-house lines, of course).

Captain Action and Man-Tech teaming up against The Bad Guys? Slice of fried gold right there, folks!
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• JFAWWE
                • Feb 4, 2008

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                Found a Remco archive - plenty of ideas here for future additions to the line, especially since you have the name (assuming you may have access to some of the old Remco in-house lines, of course).

Captain Action and Man-Tech teaming up against The Bad Guys? Slice of fried gold right there, folks!
                That's awesome - great find! Also really like the concept art for Safety Zone from the US Defenders line.

Probably the only one but I would love the McDonaldland characters in this scale.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Some excellent toys on that site. They had Mantech as 1990, but they were from 84. I loved their Warlord line and the Warrior Beasts. The Warlord line has to be the most racially & ethnically diverse line for only six figures!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

That's awesome - great find! Also really like the concept art for Safety Zone from the US Defenders line.

Probably the only one but I would love the McDonaldland characters in this scale.
                    Thanks! Looking over the site again, I noticed something. Ninjas. You can NEVER go wrong with Ninjas. Sometime down the line, may want to throw in some ninjas as adversaries, or something. Or maybe aliens with Glow-In-The-Dark parts.

It's what Remco would have done.
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 10, 2004

I'm always reluctant to buy new figure lines because of space and money restraints. I got to say you have hit all the right marks with me on the design of these figures Craig. If they go into production I will buy every one of them. Something I've always been interested in with figure design is to update a property but still have all the right nods to the originals. You have to make something that will stand up to today's standards but still evoke an emotion in someone to remember a time in their youth. You've done that masterfully here. The use of the same parts with different paint aps could really be useful here to differentiate the designs. One idea would be to make Jet Jungles torso all green with black sleeves, just to change it up a little from captain Action. As others have said, Ninja's would be a logical choice here as well. All one color ninja's with a small chest logo would be great in my opinion. You could give the ninja's the sword and take the gun that would normally come with him and give it to Jet Jungle to give him an additional weapon. I don't know if the stretch monster head is trademarked, but that would be a nice addition as well. Another though would be to create some short online comics to breath some life into your creations and give collectors an emotional attachment to your characters. Can't wait to see this one unfold.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎