X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Christmas Toy and TV Special Memories!

Cindy and I talk our favorite Christmas toys and TV specials on this episode of Super Mates! Thanks to Plaid Stallions and the Mego Museum for some of the commercials and photos!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I'm listening to it now.

I also have a lot of memories of looking forward to and studying the Penneys and Sears wish books and going with my Mom to the to store to pick up the catalogue orders. Good times.

Growing up in the Midwest there was also looking forward to Farm and Fleet's toyland opening every October. Don't laugh, that was big deal back then. It remember it would be all roped off and I'd stand on my tip toes and try to peak in and see what wonderful toys could be hiding in there.

Late 70s I was all about SW but I did also have some Fisher Price adventure people sets. I remember really liking them because they actually included female figures in their sets. The figures in that line were good substitutes for missing characters in other toys lines. I remember later using the XRAY woman as Yori with the Tomy Tron figures.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm not going to laugh at all! We had the aforementioned Ben Franklin's, and also something I forgot to bring up, Western Auto, which only had toys at Christmas time. You could find some pretty obscure stuff there!

More fodder for the next toy episode!

Thanks for listening!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍