veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

yup, had a couple of revolvers and an army 45. handgun

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
      That's interesting The only ones I remember seeing came in a long red paper roll (similar to old movie tickets)
      Yep, and when we didn't have a cap gun around we'd unroll the red paper and smash it with a hammer.

Great memories.

-Chris

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Had many, many cap guns. We figured out we could drop a cinder block on a full roll of the red paper ones and make quite a bang!

Also had the revolver type, and of course those fit in the Thunder Punch He-Man figure too!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I remember having a Starsky and Hutch cap gun, I think it was a cap gun?
          also had the Trek phaser, had to have that or my world would have collapsed.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I was armed to the teeth with cap guns; over the years, when I was a ittle boy. Had both the paper rolls and plastic round caps for them. At one point, I had some great cap guns by a company called Edson. I believe they were made in Italy or Spain. Very well made cap guns and rifles. The riffle and some of the handguns took unique plastic strip caps.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• mizzoujedi
              • Mar 18, 2010

I have the Lionmatic. I use it for home defense since it looks like a real one, and I keep it in my nightstand. Even has the silencer and an extra clip.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                Career Member
                • May 14, 2007

I had a few roll cap guns when I was growing up. The first one that I remember having was the Gunsmoke "Marshall Matt Dillon" two-gun holster set. The holster and belt were leather and there were red studs on the holsters. The cap guns themselves had white handles. I remember wearing the holsters out until it fell apart and overused the cap guns until they wouldn't fire anymore.

I know that I had a few more after that but I can't remember a thing about them right now. I do remember getting the mini guns that fired the one-shot caps and a snub-nose revolver that fired the red plastic ring of caps. I hated those rings for most of them ended up being duds.

I remember using a hammer and a brick on the rolls of caps for the heck of it. I also had the torpedo that used one cap at a time.
                Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by mizzoujedi
                  I have the Lionmatic. I use it for home defense since it looks like a real one, and I keep it in my nightstand. Even has the silencer and an extra clip.
                  I remember that one! Though, I didn't own it. Of course, it's another one of Edson's great cap guns.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

I had so many cap guns as a kid. Space ones, cowboy style six-shooter ones, a Luger replica, etc.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎