X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWBL5252
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 12, 2012

How rare are type 0 bodies on WGSH?

Just how hard are type 0 bodies to find? Which figures do that style body come on, and how much should I expect to pay for one?
  • mego maniac mark
    Career Member
    • Aug 3, 2010

That is a good question. I only have a batman on a T0, and haven't seen others. I would think the original 4 but am not sure.
    mego's befo ho's

Comment

• SWBL5252
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 12, 2012

They seem to be impossible to find on eBay.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

A T1 body could be easily swapped out for a T0, so I wouldn't pay a premium for one. Also, one of the first four with a T0 body would need to have the very earliest costume variations, so that would also be something to look out for.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

There are a few on e bay but overpriced IMO. The Type O usually came on Action Jackson figures, if you do find it on the WGSH it would only be on the Earliest Versions of Superman Batman Robin and Aquaman

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Is there a possible way to determine if a body has been swapped out? Maybe the copyright info on the back of the Type O's that came with the AJ is different from the ones that came on the early versions of the WGSH figures that had been issued early on in the runs? I really don't know because I never gave this much thought. If anyone has a solid box with the original figures in them that have Type O's I would love to know.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
              Career Member
              • Aug 3, 2010

I just referenced Ben's book on the subject. The book says that the O body would be rare limited,to the original WGSH figures (batman, supes, aquaman, and robin )
              This makes me believe that the batman I have may have been converted to the O body since it is a painted mask. I have not pulled the head off to see if it is a 1 or 2 head,but may research futher. The mask has the very pale fleshtone that is consistent with the type 1.
              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, a painted mask Batman with a Type O body is definitely the result of a body swap. IMO, the only authentic figures on a type O body would be the first four WGSH with very early costume features like removable masks, nylon shorts, skinny boots, etc.

It was my understanding that the early use of type O bodies on WGSH was to clear out some extra AJ stock, so I'd imagine that the bodies would be identical to AJ ones, including copyright info on the back.

Comment

• justzeg18
                  Career Member
                  • May 5, 2003

Would it stand to reason then that they would most likely be found as solid box as well?

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I would imagine so, yes.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Just about every AJ figure I have owned or have collected to this day comes on the type 0 body, so they're pretty common on that line. The WGSH line is an entirely different story. I do have a few from my childhood that have the type O body, but getting them in the wild and confirming there have been no head swaps is virtually impossible since the body itself is not that hard to come by. I don't know that you could really establish a different value based on that feature. Type O and 1 were common sights back in the early 70's.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

No sooner did this thread break and this showed up on e bay... I guess someone wanted to see if they could capitalize on it. I bought it for $26, I needed the outfit and My brother who has a Solid Box Superman wanted the Body... Unfortunately there was no emblem and it did not have the Skinny boots... Had it had both it would have made a more compelling argument. But like MIB41 said more than likely a head replace on a type O, I will say the head is the correct early version. more of the MYSTERY of MEGO

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 26, 2008

I have a RM Robin with a T0 body

Comment

• SWBL5252
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 12, 2012

Pics please?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

I want to see pics of the Batman camera, Kevin used to take the picture of the Superman figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎