• Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Sequel to Moon

Stars Tarzan.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

I just spotted this under-appreciated (just like Moon itself) thread and had to bounce it up.

Moon was an astounding film, and definitely one of my all-time favorites. As much as I love Star Wars, that 1977 film changed the face of sci-fi film-making forever, for better or for worse. Films like 2001 and Silent Running just stopped being made in favor of blockbuster-style sci-fi with space battles - less science, more fiction. I always wondered what would happen if someone made a film that pretended Star Wars never happened, picking up where the sci-fi films of the 70s left off. Moon is that film. When I saw it, I was totally blown away by its leisurely pace, long exposition, and lack of jump cuts and other modern editing techniques. I had to give huge props to the director for having the guts to buck the trends.

Unfortunately, the appreciation I felt for these things was not going to be universal. It seemed like Moon came and went, and pretty much got ignored. It can't have done all that well: Joe Movie-goer had to find it boring and slow-moving by today's standards. And so when I see that director Duncan Jones was unable to find studio backing after Moon, I am sadly not surprised in the least. However, I hope he does find a way to make this next film (it's a sequel but not really a sequel) happen...I'm very much looking forward to it.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎