Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Yellow Sleeve Robin Coming this January!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I received mine last week or so. Looks good!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

I've had to curb my buying just lately and have been off these forums for a while. I saw this figure for the first time yesterday (had no idea there were plans for it) and I've just got to have one. It's the one replica that I was hoping for from FTC and it finally gets done.... PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Those look cool but I have an original one so I can bow out for this round. It was a good idea though.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

Do you have the mask with your original figure? I think I read somewhere that the masks are extremely hard to come by. I have to admit that MEGO's are a little before my time and I have very little knowledge of them.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Oh heck no. I WISH!!! Had to resign myself to a repro piece but that's okay. Had to do that with the backer card too. He's definitely one of my crown jewels on the Mego side of my collection though. He's a keeper.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

Just got this figure today and I've a bit of a gripe with it really. Promotional photos showed it with a prototype smaller mask and the original bigger sized mask was promised for the final figure. This figure comes with the smaller mask and is not as close to the original 'as promised''.

Not happy.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I am going to have to look at mine again, but I am pretty sure the mask is not the one that came with the regular RM Robin. How big it is in comparison to the original, I don't know, but IIRC, it's better than the other FTC Robin mask.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 30, 2015

As far as the original mask goes, all that pretty much exists are reference photos. Add that together with the prototype photographs for the EC exclusive and the claims of 'making it as close to the original'... It's not even a near replica.

Comment

• Emerald City
                    • Oct 3, 2014

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Just got this figure today and I've a bit of a gripe with it really. Promotional photos showed it with a prototype smaller mask and the original bigger sized mask was promised for the final figure. This figure comes with the smaller mask and is not as close to the original 'as promised''.

Not happy.
                    Hi, this is Chad at EC!

We're sorry you were unhappy with the way the mask came out. We would be happy to offer you a refund for the figure. If that is what you would like, please contact us at orders@emeraldcitycomics.com so we can process the return for you.

We regret the confusion that might have been caused by the combination of prototype photos and our attempt to explain how the final product would be different than some of the photos. Figures Toy Company gave us the mask they made for their Removable Mask Robin and a prototype of a larger mask. The first was too small, and the prototype was a bit too large, with eye-holes that didn't line up correctly. We did have FTC make a larger mask than their first removable mask, trying to get as close as they could to the original figure. Hopefully you can see the difference in the image that — with luck! — I've inserted below:

Honestly, we would have loved for the mask to be even bigger; but they did get as close as they could to the original for us, and we are happy with the result! We've updated the photos on our website to better reflect the actual figure as opposed to the prototypes.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We check this forum irregularly, so be sure to email us at email@emeraldcitycomics.com if you would like a quicker response.

Chad Rivard
                    General Manager
                    EC!
                    4902 113th Ave N
                    Clearwater, FL 33760
                    727-398-2665
                    Stellar service, and the best selection of comic books, graphic novels, games, and toys! Your best memories are here at EC!

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i bought two of these ,i am happy myself .hope you do another exclusive

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by Emerald City
                        Hi, this is Chad at EC!

We're sorry you were unhappy with the way the mask came out. We would be happy to offer you a refund for the figure. If that is what you would like, please contact us at orders@emeraldcitycomics.com so we can process the return for you.

We regret the confusion that might have been caused by the combination of prototype photos and our attempt to explain how the final product would be different than some of the photos. Figures Toy Company gave us the mask they made for their Removable Mask Robin and a prototype of a larger mask. The first was too small, and the prototype was a bit too large, with eye-holes that didn't line up correctly. We did have FTC make a larger mask than their first removable mask, trying to get as close as they could to the original figure. Hopefully you can see the difference in the image that — with luck! — I've inserted below:

Honestly, we would have loved for the mask to be even bigger; but they did get as close as they could to the original for us, and we are happy with the result! We've updated the photos on our website to better reflect the actual figure as opposed to the prototypes.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We check this forum irregularly, so be sure to email us at email@emeraldcitycomics.com if you would like a quicker response.

Chad Rivard
                        General Manager
                        EC!
                        4902 113th Ave N
                        Clearwater, FL 33760
                        727-398-2665
                        www.emeraldcitycomics.com
                        No, I don't wish to return the figure, it's already cost a small fortune in shipping and taxes importing from the U.S.
                        I'm pleased with the figure itself and is part of my favourite line from FTC. It was also at the very top of my wishlist of figures to be done from FTC. I was just disappointed with the smaller mask after being promised the bigger one in initial marketing. FTC still have the figure on their site showing with the bigger mask. It did/does raise the question.

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎