X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
    Oh there are some pretty strange ideas out there. One concept was that Ol' Krampus was quite the Ladies' Man. He is sometimes depicted as a suave but devilish gentleman, carting away happy eager young ladies.

Google "Krampus girls" and you'll see examples that are wilder even than these.

One 'misconception' is that he is Santa's enemy. There were lots of of postcards that depicted them traveling together. And as the Germans loved their Autos, we got stuff like this:

Now, as much as I loved Dougherty's film interpretation, there is a script rattling in my brain for a Krampus/St. Nick buddy road movie, played for dark comedy. It's on my top five list of films I'd make if I had the means.
    No pictures of him whipping Dr. Venture?

Comment

• hawkmike
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2003

saw it last Friday,I've been watching a lot of movies with krampus in them only 2 are worth watching this one and "a Christmas horror story".
      by the way a friend on facebook had disappeared for awhile due to health problems, my reply was "oh I thought the krampus got you." right after I got slammed with "why do you have to make female problems jokes" the others came to my defence with "god moron, google krampus!" my great grandma mier told us of the legend and believe me we were good little kids.(for that year at least)
      wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Make sure you use the proper German pronunciation: "Krom-puss" to avoid female problem misinterpretations!

Love this film, and just ordered the soundtrack yesterday, autographed by the composer.

Comment

• hawkmike
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2003

glad to see the grammar police is on the job! "only trying to help"
          wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• justzeg18
            Career Member
            • May 5, 2003

Boom.

https://www.wetanz.com/krampus-bell/

Originally posted by Hedji
            I really wish they'd make replicas of these:

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Oh yes! Thank you for the post! I gave them as gifts to my family members for Christmas. They're terrific prop replicas! A real bargain for the price.

Now I just gotta wait for my Vinyl soundtrack to get here!

http://waxworkrecords.com/collection...oducts/krampus

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎