X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1977 Gabriel Toys Lone Ranger Catalog

The Lone Ranger toyline is easily one of the nicest action figure lines of the 1970s if not all time and Gabriel Toys had some real long running success with it.

This 1977 Catalog is the third year for the line and shows that it was still going strong, Gabriel put a lot of effort into this catalog and it truly showcases how nice this line really was.

Visit the 1977 Gabriel Lone Ranger Catalog here.

And once you're finished, we've got the most Gabriel Lone Ranger content on teh interwebs!

Lone Ranger Figure Archive

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

My cousins had The Lone Ranger, (I think) Tonto, Butch Cavendish and the Carson City playset. That Chuck Wagon set looks a lot like the Johnny West set. According to "A Christmas Story", the Lone Ranger's nephew's horse was named Victor, but the catalog has him as Banjo. I wonder which one is the right name?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

I still have my Butch Cavendish but he's pretty beat up. I wanted the Lone Ranger or Tonto but the local store was out of stock of those two so I ended up with Butch.

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      My cousins had The Lone Ranger, (I think) Tonto, Butch Cavendish and the Carson City playset. That Chuck Wagon set looks a lot like the Johnny West set. According to "A Christmas Story", the Lone Ranger's nephew's horse was named Victor, but the catalog has him as Banjo. I wonder which one is the right name?
      Victor is the correct name for he was a descendant of Silver.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I got the Lone Ranger/Silver and Tonto/Scout giftsets for Christmas in 81 or so, whenever The Legend of the Lone Ranger came out. I played and played with those things! I still have my original horses, although they are a bit worse for wear, but upgraded my LR and Tonto, and got Butch and Dan to boot! Love this series, and could definitely see myself getting more into it. My dad was/is a huge Lone Ranger fan, so it's a generational thing with us.

On the first page they mention a TV movie...it would have been interesting to see if that may have developed into a TV reunion film with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

One of my prized collections. Gabriel really gave allot of love to this license.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I always hated the Gabriel bodies.

They seemed to get limp and loose very fast

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

This was the first line I truly ever had as a child (I had Lone Ranger & Silver as far back as I can remember, and I still remember vividly the Christmas I opened Tonto). This remains one of my favorites of all time, and just the box art itself is beautiful. The bodies did have the problem of getting loose, but these were definitely well designed. The Gabriel figures worked well with the Legends of the West line (or, since those were basically the generic line, I guess they worked well with Lone Ranger), and I still am very happy to have mine.

The horse for Dan Reid did have more than one name, and I think it was named Victor on the Clayton Moore TV show. Dan Reid was played by Chuck Courtney, who later played Billy the Kid in the glorious Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula, and I keep meaning to use my Dan Reid and a John Carradine sculpt of Dracula to reenact that title!
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                One of my prized collections. Gabriel really gave allot of love to this license.
                Indeed. A beautiful line, Plaid Stallions nailed it when BH opined that the Lone Ranger and Fighting Furies are the best-detailed figures of the '70s.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Those are beautiful, unfortunately I never really got into the Gabriel scene was more a Mego kid,
                  WGSH and Trek, I did though like the Lone Ranger and remember playing Ranger and Tonto with a
                  friend substituting horses with bicycles.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Lone Ranger was my very first action figure. It was a great line, but all of my originals fell apart.
                    The artwork was amazing.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Like Chris, I received my Gabriel Lone Ranger 9" Lone Ranger and Tonto along with Silver and Scout on Christmas of 1981. I was absolutely in love with those figures. Such a great, beautiful action figure line.

Subsequently, discovered that there were more figures, horses and play sets in the line. A friend of mine's mother happen to have Sears Wishbook's from several years back. I looked through some of them one afternoon and discovered the extent of Gabriel's Lone Ranger line. For a good while after that discovery, I was desperate to get me hands on the rest of the line. Alas, I was 7-years-old, at the time, and had no way or means or tracking down the rest of the line.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

This was a great line, but the bodies are tough to fix. Unlike Mego or GI Joe, you have to break them apart and try to glue them back together. I've got the Lone Ranger, Tonto and Butch Cassidy figures and some horses, but not displayed them because the bodies need some help and I haven't gotten around to trying to mess with them. If anyone has any tips, feel free to post them.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎