X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Ding Dong The Patriots are dead!!

The Broncos were able to tople the limping Patriots tonight. Whooohoooo!!! A loss for the Patriots is a win for America. Sorry Patriots fans, Im waaay to excited. I feel like we won a superbowl or something. Brady got pounded, Osweiller got crushed, it was a hell of a game.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

that's a darn shame.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Fine by me. I'm rooting for the Panthers this year.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

A Patriots team that literally lost it's last great wide receiver late in the game along with a score of bad calls. I would temper that celebration with a load of caution before anointing the rookie outside of his 15 minutes of fame. Had Amendola and Edleman been playing, this would have been a blow out. He'll get to meet them most likely again in the playoffs with allot of Brady's weapons back and one ticked off quarterback. As much as I hated to see the Pats lose, they needed this instead of a pointless undefeated season that carries too much weight with the sports media.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I'm more angry about the knee injury to Gronk, although early reports say not serious, Brady has (3) starting
          offensive lineman out, a quick zigzagging RB out and (2) pro bowl WR out, they have practice squad players
          playing and they still find ways to win. Brady traditional has had tough luck in Denver, but still found a way
          to get them in field goal range with no time left to send into OT, the defense just ran out of gas,
          tough place to play because of the air quality and besides Denver is a pretty darn good team and near impossible
          to beat them at home, if the Patriots were healthy this wouldn't have been close.

I bleed blue in silver although I think they have one more loss before the end of the season, but I got a strange hunch
          will be seeing the Broncos again on our turf say in January?? bad news for Bronco fans.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I'm no Patriots fan...but they got a lot of bum calls last night...kinda seemed like the refs had it in for Bradey...finally getting him back for the deflate fiasco.

Gronk called for pushing off was a ridiculous call, the holding penalty by Chung (away from the ball) was another bad call.

Again, not a Patriots fan, I hate them in fact...but if I were a Pats fan, I'd be livid.

On a side note, the 6' 7" young Broncos QB threw and completed some really clutch passes, right on the money.
            sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

We're not livid. Though the calls were horrible, the injuries were too much. We've been getting beat up by the refs and the NFL, for ever. Problem was, this team was so good, it didn't matter. They couldn't twist enough calls to even make games competitive until the injuries hit.

By the end of the game there were 4 players in the game that were on the practice squad, within the last 2 weeks. If Scott Chandler, had any clue how to run a route, the Pats win by 14 easily. The only thing we look for in a season is the playoff bye week and rings.

The one good thing about losing is no more undefeated season crap. Once the bye is locked up they can rest players in meaningless games.

Another bonus, since I consider Denver a bigger threat to that bye than Cincy, is Brock just became the man to beat. He's the one on the pedestal and everyone wants to knock him off. They've got 3 tough games left out of 5. KC, Cincy, and the Raiders are all capable of beating them. The only non-division game they have is the also 9-2 Bengals. And even though they have 2 left against the Chargers, this team barely beat the currently 4-6 Bears 2 weeks ago.

The biggest competition the Pats have left is the 6-5 Titans. And injuries. With Collins, Edelman, and Gronk scheduled to return, they should limp into the bye and they've got 5 weeks to teach the playbook to a bunch of guys they never expected to see in the lineup. Denver has taken away all the attention, and the major media, is finally looking at the refs and NFL, and saying something smells fishy. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm hearing a report, that there is a video of 2 refs fist-bumping after Denver scores, right after the phantom holding call on Cheung. Time to hit the internet,
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ How much you want to bet the Commish will look the other way on this? Integrity my arse. That's okay. The more they try to fix the game, the more obvious to appears to the public. Brady is in the conversation for league MVP and the commissioner wants to suspend him four games? The irony is so thick, it's palpable. Nothing would satisfy me more than to see the Commish have to hand Brady another trophy. Goodell is an embarrassment to the sport. Here's that Broncos/Bills story...

Last edited by MIB41; Dec 1, '15, 9:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎