Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The way Hasbro should be doing new Star Wars figures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

The way Hasbro should be doing new Star Wars figures.

Healeymade has made this limited edition vintage style Kylo Ren figure. This is actually the 2nd version. The first had his hood down. VERY well done, but pretty pricey. I justified it in the fact that I am not buying many of the modern toys, and would rather have something like this than the whole modern collection. If Hasbro would do Kenner style figures like this, including some from the original trilogy that were never made, I would be ALL over them.

If interested, I wouldn't hesitate. They went on sale yesterday and it's amazing they are still in stock.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Are they posable?
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I miss seeing SW figures like this. It does seem like it would be a profitable sideline.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by drquest
        Are they posable?
        I doubt it. I will chime in once mine arrives. Ultimately doesn't matter to me, but would be sweet if at least his arms move.
        Last edited by Remco Monster; Nov 29, '15, 3:31 PM.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

There are figures from the original trilogy that weren't made?

CCC.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by LordMudd

CCC.
            In the 70's/80's? Certainly.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

The only figure line I have seen from Force Awakening that looks fun are the big interactive figures from Thinkway. Thinkway did a perfect line of Toy Story figures that looked like they crawled right off the screen. These are looking pretty fun as well. The Chewbacca one is a hoot.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LordMudd

CCC.
                Tarkin, the fly spy guy from Mos Eisley are two that come to mind. Did they make Mon Mothma?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nazgul
                  Lord of Light
                  • May 2, 2011

Nope..no Mon mothma....in fact no females other than Leia I believe...theres tons of background guys they never did
                  You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, no Tarkin, no Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru, no Biggs, no Imperial Informant, no Mon Mothma, no Admiral Ozzel, etc.... the list goes on.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Man, I agree. This is what would draw me back in. The uncertainty of poseability or card art is keeping me from jumping in on this.

Hasbro should dump the ugly deformed Galactic Heroes preschool line and make old school figures for the little kids (and us collectors) instead.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

I have one of the newer Dr. Evazans as well as a Wuher Bartender from the same era. They might as well be vintage figures AFAIC. They fit in great with the vintages. I assume there's Tarkin, Mothma and many more just as appropriately vintagey.

Now, I understand that what y'all are looking for is straight up retro figures---well, they HAVE been dabbling ever so close to that. Maybe not to some's specifications---but undeniably closer year by year.

But, if you're that focused on hardcore viontagey-feel classic SW figures, I can't imagine, financially, Hasbro/Disney doing THAT for at least 5 years from now--they have a lot more to milk. So, pricey customs--or self-made customs---are the way to go.

The exception would be if they farmed the license to someone ELSE. I think Funko should knock on their door REAL hard. As a fan/collector. Financially, I'm still not really sure it'd make sense, even then.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

The current Force Awakens lines already has a nice Kenner vibe too it. All it really needs is retro packaging.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            The current Force Awakens lines already has a nice Kenner vibe too it. All it really needs is retro packaging.

True, close (and I have some because of that), but still not close enough for me. If I put them with my vintage figures, they still stand out. The Healeymade figure looks much closer to a vintage Kenner figure than the modern Hasbro 5 POA version. It's pretty much perfect.

Speaking of that Tie-Fighter, the wings don't like to stay attached on mine, it has ended up in pieces in a box. Total waste of money. I need to see if I can fix it somehow. Other than that, I would have to glue the wings on, and the vintage action was the whole reason I bought it. Sure don't make toys like they used to.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Got mine today, and as I figured, he has 0 points of articulation. His saber is a separate piece though. Since he will end up just sitting on a shelf with the rest of my vintage figures, the no articulation doesn't really bother me, especially because he appears to have articulation. He came in a nice little box reminiscent of the vintage 12" figures, though it is all black with just the healeymade logo underneath the window in silver. Looks plain, but very nice. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎